92 A4LD to T5 swap questions and thoghts

she only has 55k miles, and i do have a component system and HU. i need to pick up a 10" and amp. not a fan of massive dual 12" "im a 17 year old punk and like to blare my bass" style. just need a little bass to even out the high's of the tweeter system

lol I hear ya.... I'm a 42 Y.O. punk and like to kick it in from time to time. Mostly the old 70s and 80s rock, but i surf the sirius radio...I run a decent pioneer HU and run the stock speakers in the car - it's a notch, but i do drive a 1000 watt amp in the trunk (only got it turned up to half) and drive a 10" sub tube. That bass tube makes a world of difference...woulda gone bigger, but not much room in the trunk. trust me - the stock speakers work great if you pump in the sub. 10" works just fine....like i said, i got a trunk, the hatch, the 10" would be awesome in the sound department.....But when y ou go that route you definitely want the 3G alt if you haven't already done so. They are an easy find in the junkyards now, and the mods are pretty easy to swap in the mustang. I like this alternator so much that I'm swapping one into my old 69 Dodge Charger soon - found all the stuff i need to make it work for the Dodge - would work for any old school Ford, Dodge or Chevy.

• Sponsors (?)

so i found a T5 out of a SVO, bellhousing, clutch cable, clutch set, flywheel, driveshaft and Hurst shifter all for $400. seems like a pretty good deal to me, all i need is the pedal asembely. and i can use the stock cross-member with slight modification right? he has a crossmember too, but if i dont need it i may as well put that money elsewhere! he's a collector, also has some engines. i'll end up picking one of those up when im ready to tackle the swap.

so here's the next question: when i do the transmission i was planning on throwing on a high-flow muffler with a dump while i was under there. also thought about doing the Ranger header. so whates the ebst size tubing? i was thinking about just cutting out the old cat and muffler and replacing them. i really cant afford to have a whole new system bent up. but will i gain any power using the stock size tubing? i need to start looking for a Ranger header as well. and is there anything else i should grab while im there from the SVO?

and i think i found the right header, but correct me if im wrong

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/93-9...ccessories&hash=item19c1ffd1c7#ht_2287wt_1165

and if i do anyhting to the exhaust, i plan on just cutting out the old cat and muffler and replacing them and using the existing pipe. hopefully that helps things. what do you think? i was planning on using a hi-flow cat, not sure what size/length i need and a Super 44 muffler. again, not sure on size/length