92 ebreak ( equalizer) cable replace.... and a quick subframe question.

billison

I like tinted tail
15 Year Member
Feb 27, 2006
stl
First things first, kind of a no duh question, but i'm pretty sure these are sub frame connectors right?

they are on a vert,

subframe1.jpg

subframe2.jpg

Ok, on to my main question. So the ebreak does not work, I pulled the center console and the cable that connects the handle to the long cables is snaped, got under and the bracket thing is gone too.

so what is this part called? I've called my local parts store and they have nothing on file.

is it just this thing? http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/LRS-2603A/87-93-Mustang-Front-Parking-Brake-Cable

cuz... dang, 75 bones is kinda dumb, I've found the entire set for that on ebay, but i'd rather spend... less.

other thing, will there be anything else Ill need? the passenger side cable is for sure intact , i did'nt check the passenger, but I assume it is.

thanks guys!!

Attachments

• subframe1.jpg
    subframe1.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 92
  • subframe2.jpg
    subframe2.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 87
  • Sponsors (?)

Still 4 lug drums. I checked the rear for disks right after I started this. Prett sure I need that cable, sounds like I'm going to the bone yard.. 75$ for a cable cam suck it

Are you talking about a inch in front of the muffler? I'll have to look tonight. I have no idea if its been wrecked. None of the major signs are there, but I'll look to see if its a crack or a shadow. The under side of the car seems to have been sprayed at some point.

I see it, the hump and vertical crack, I'll see it tonight and get a pic with light on it. If the frame is split, I'll probably sell the car and call it a day..