92 LX 5..0 radio wiring

elmo77166

Apr 17, 2021
Irwin, PA
I need some help figuring out what factory radio was in my car There is a aftermarket but I want to go back to a factory Radio These are the wire's in the radio cavity. I do have 6 speakers bot It looks like no amp was every installed. Any ideas on which direction to go and what radio to look for. Thanks

Attachments

• IM001067.JPG
    IM001067.JPG
    309.1 KB · Views: 63
  • IM001068.JPG
    IM001068.JPG
    303.7 KB · Views: 64
  • Sponsors (?)

You'll need the amplifier, the amp harness and the headunit, which was specific to 87-92.

Here is the amp and wiring. You can see the plugs here are similar to the black gray plug in your photo and would plug into this

1631625393158.png

This is the 87-92 radio

1631625430979.png

You can also convert to the 1993 style radio setup (if you can find one) by following this thread

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user
What has me confused is I can only find one plug for the amp and it has a jumper plug on it.

That's not the amp wiring. That plug with the jumper would normally connect to the clutch switch that turns off cruise control. The jumper tells me your car does not have cruise control. Tuck that wire in the back and forget about it.

You should only have two plugs. The amp harness plugs into these two plugs. That harness is in the picture above.

Also if if find the correct radio can I just use the plugs I have and not use the Amp? will the radio work without it?

Yes, although I'm not 100% sure the door speakers will work.

The same radio us used with and without the amp. Amps are more plentiful than the radios so i don't think you'll have that issue