93 cobra color code.

ryan218

In just 10 years, I'll be old enough to drive!!!!
Dec 28, 2005
columbus ohio
Whats the color code for a 93 cobra in Teal?

i really like this color and i am leaning towards it for my stang since i have NEVER seen it on a vert and its different.

thanks, Also if anyone has a picture of this color on a vert please post it for me.

Thanks, :SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

aaron11272 said:
Nope - reef blue is correct.

hm i thought it was a different color... learn something new every day i guess :rolleyes:

Ill post a pic of the color. I thought reef blue was more of a darker color.

crides000014.jpg

Attachments

• crides000014.jpg
    crides000014.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 14,511
copied from 1993cobra.com

There were only 3 exterior color options available for the 93 Cobra. They include Black, Red and Teal. There is technical information to support a non clear coated version of Vibrant red only of which found their way on 9 Cobra's. Exterior color codes were:

UA: Black Clearcoat

RD: Teal Metallic Clearcoat

ES: Vibrant Red Clearcoat

EY: Vibrant Red non Clearcoat

Kabuki_notch said:
copied from 1993cobra.com

There were only 3 exterior color options available for the 93 Cobra. They include Black, Red and Teal. There is technical information to support a non clear coated version of Vibrant red only of which found their way on 9 Cobra's. Exterior color codes were:

UA: Black Clearcoat

RD: Teal Metallic Clearcoat

ES: Vibrant Red Clearcoat

EY: Vibrant Red non Clearcoat

Teal Metallic Clearcoat

???

dose this mean the clear cost was shot with the paint or dose it just mean that the teal was painted then a claercoat was added?

1993 Cobra was offered with:
Vibrant Red
Teal Metallic
Black

1993 Cobra R came with:
Vibrant Red Clearcoat

The 1993 Mustang was available in black, bright blue, bright red, reef blue, electric red, royal blue, vibrant white, silver, and bright calypso green.

The Cobra and Cobra R had some colors all their own. The Cobra boasted black, vibrant red, and teal metallic which were unavailable on the other models. The Cobra R was the only one to sport the vibrant red clearcoat.

RsStanG1987 said:
It means its Teal then Clear coat.

ok thanks!, that what i thought but wanted to make sure. Were would i be able to get this color mixed up at? could i walk into and car paint place and say i want the teal from a 93 cobra and they pull it up or if i bring them the paint code they will do it by that? :shrug:

or would i probably have to have the color matched. Or could i get the color from Ford??? i know it would be pricey but if i go with this color i want it to be spot on!

thanks for the input.

RsStanG1987 said:
I think the color will only look good on the cobra IMO.. A vert it might not look as good because of the top being a different color..

i still havent decided yet. with a black top i don't think it would look better. my gut says go with blue and the other side says no don't do that to many blue verts allready out there.

to many

i have thought about that too, that it will only look good on a cobra. most likely i will end up with a sonic blue mustang becasue i know i will like it.