93 cobra engine in a 67 Is this tune safe to run and start datalogging?

Grim Repair

Dec 24, 2018
I have a 67 mustang coupe with a supercharged engine and automatic transmission from a 93 cobra. here are the specs on the car.

megasquirt pnp2
0-5v signal wideband plugged into the ecu
iac in stock location
GT-40 heads
1.7 Crane rockers
powerdyne bd-10 supercharger, i belive it has a 6psi pulley on it,
30lbs injectors
aeromotive adjustable fuel pressure regulator 1:1 Boost Reference,
255 lph in-tank fuel pump,
camshaft is unknown there is an iskendarin racing cam sticker on the engine
egr and air pump delete
feels like it has a stall converter was told it did and it looks new unsure of specs on it
3.70 gears

I will be lowering my base timing from 12 to 10
jba shorty headers headers
flowmaster supper 44s h pipe

Is this tune i have put together (with the help of this forum) safe to run, and start data logging? I will upload a video of the car with it running and some of its quirks on the base tune from mega squirt. i havn't driven into boost so far. Thanks to everyone for all of the help thus far I really appreciate it.

View: https://youtu.be/gljC4eSYHTQ

Attachments

• Grim Repair tune.msq
    117 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

Looks line you have a good grasp on things so far, I haven't looked at the tune yet, I will when I get home.
Do you want to run maf? If you do I can explain how to make that happen. If not it can be removed.

I am not against using the maf, do you think it's worth keeping? If not I can remove it. Tuning is new to me and it's pretty intimidating, you seem to have proven yourself on here. If you're comfortable tuning with with maf, and can walk me through it that would be cool. I would be more than happy to tip you for your help.

If your new to tuning let's keep it simple, you can leave or remove the maf your choice. Tuning the car MAF will require extra wiring at this point, for simplicity leave it speed density.
If your concern is your own lack of knowledge, I do offer tuning classes. PM me if interested.

First thing you should do is get the car full warm and adjust the idle fuel. Let me get home and I will make sure you have the req. Fuel setup correctly in the tune.

Well I see you have found my AFR and IGN tables from other tunes i have shared. Keep in mind each engine will need slightly different settings but you have a very solid starting point. Since you basically had one of my base tunes I just went ahead and made some slight adjustments and smoothed things out a bit.

I think you are ready to do some datalogging for sure, IMHO you will want to get the car idling strong before taking it out for a journey... Its not fun driving something that stalls on you.

Attachments

• Grim Repair REV.1.0.0.msq
    117 KB · Views: 126
Thanks for looking at and adjusting the tune, I will work on it tomorrow don't want to wake the neighborhood tonight.

OK sounds good. The wiring harness has the maf wireing connector, is there more wiring than what came factory?

So to adjust the fuel at idle do I do that in the ve table, by dividing what I have on the wideband by what I want in my fuel table and multiply the quotient to that cell in the ve table?
Or is it a different adjustment somewhere else?

The car idled at right under 900 rpm afr ratio at idle was at 13.4 , I multiplyed the 4 v.e. cells that the car was idling in. That was really awesome the rpms jumped around then the wb was matching the afr table. Thank you. Do I do the same thing for the rest of the cells, slowly moving up the table into boost? should i use auto tune for normal driving? Thank you for all the help.

You can, I dont like autotune myself if the car has a big cam. Dont let it adjust the idle range, cam overlap causes issues. Once tuned ignore the idle afr ot can read up to 1.5afr off and the car idle steady, It's an lambda delay thing.

Keep at it, the next step is to setup the closed loop idle functions.

The car idled at right under 900 rpm afr ratio at idle was at 13.4 , I multiplyed the 4 v.e. cells that the car was idling in. That was really awesome the rpms jumped around then the wb was matching the afr table. Thank you. Do I do the same thing for the rest of the cells, slowly moving up the table into boost? should i use auto tune for normal driving? Thank you for all the help.
I'm glad you were able to read and interpret my advice, how much of my stuff did you use or research for this project?

You can, I dont like autotune myself if the car has a big cam. Dont let it adjust the idle range, cam overlap causes issues. Once tuned ignore the idle afr ot can read up to 1.5afr off and the car idle steady, It's an lambda delay thing.

Keep at it, the next step is to setup the closed loop idle functions.
Do I set up closed loop idle before or after I adjust the ve table?

You want to get the car idling well in closed or open loop before driving, as I said stalling is frustrating and sometimes dangerous. From idle snap the throttle open and see how the engine responds as the idle comes back down.