93 fox build help

anorth93

May 15, 2020
florida
hey there everyone got my 93 foxbody a few months back had some issues got most of them figured out tho. So now doing some upgrades, and need some advice and to make sure I know everything I'll need.
So right now its mostly stock. It does have bbk full exhaust without cats, bbk headers and off road H pipe, cold air, smog delete,egr delete and thats about it. I have sub frames and a 130 amp alt I still have to put in. But what I'm needing some advice on is a HCI upgrade. Guy next door to me had a bran new in the box victor 5.0 efi intake got it for 150 bucks. But need some advice on heads and cam. I was thinking maybe victor heads also and maybe Anderson cam or e303?
This will be a street/strip car, I'll be driving it to the track for awhile until I get a trailer.

My other question is what all do I need for this HCI . I know bigger injectors , TB, and MAF. But what size injectors? What size TB and what size MAF? this will be a nitrous car running max 200 shot. Would like to get around 350-400 on motor then run nos. Have fun with if for awhile and build me a 347 stroker. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Or if I missed something I will need to upgrade. Thanks abunch! Sorry I wrote a book!!

• Sponsors (?)

If you want heads and cam Trick Flow 11R 190 and a custom cam from flowtech induction.

If you want the most power for cheap, leave the stock heads and cam and put on a Chinese turbo.

Reactions: 1 user
I don't think those trick flow heads will work with the victor intake without some port matching. Could be wrong tho, ill check into them. I know alot of heads don't work perfect with that intake. Even heard the afr heads dont match up.... no turbo on this one, definitely not a cheap Chinese one lol. This car will be nitorus, I have the kit already.

If you want the best bang for your buck, go buy one of those complete Trick Flow kits. It's a dyno tested setup that was built to work together. It will save you money, even for going your neighbor's $150 intake. That will get you the 350hp. If you really do intend to spray 200 on it, then you need to keep the RPMs low so you don't split the block. So a 400hp N/A 302 combo is probably not going to be that ideal anyway.

Kurt

If you want the best bang for your buck, go buy one of those complete Trick Flow kits. It's a dyno tested setup that was built to work together. It will save you money, even for going your neighbor's $150 intake. That will get you the 350hp. If you really do intend to spray 200 on it, then you need to keep the RPMs low so you don't split the block. So a 400hp N/A 302 combo is probably not going to be that ideal anyway.

Kurt
My Trick Flow HCI comb made 295/299. Lots of fun and a killer exhaust tone.

My Trick Flow HCI comb made 295/299. Lots of fun and a killer exhaust tone.

Ball park for what the OP was looking for. He or she needs a lot more education. We deliver here on StangNet when it comes to that. Engine combinations are a lot more complicated than the description from the OP. If you want an engine to run optimal N/A, it's put together a certain way, if you intend to run nitrous, then a whole bunch of stuff changes. An optimal N/A engine is not going to be optimal for nitrous or forced induction. You have to adjust accordingly for the power adder you are using. If it's a production engine block, you really need to keep the rpms down; that's the elephant in the corner. I might know a thing or two about this, so let's see how it goes.

Kurt

The FMS letter cams sound good and are reliable. Someone like Anderson likely has more options and upgraded designs that should get more power specifically for your engine build. Besides the other parts in your engine, they should want to also know approx vehicle weight, tranny, convertor stall speed, rear end ratio, intended rpm power band, and maybe what kind of horse was your great grandpa‘s favorite.

Reactions: 1 users
I actually have a dart 347 block already on the way. I'm just building this stock block up to have some fun with in the streets. If it splits the block it splits it, not to worried about that. I was going to run just 100 shot but when the new motor was built and ready to go was going to run 200 for abit. And when I said 350-400 I ment at the crank not rear wheel. My notch I had years ago had 380 rwhp and a 200 shot and held up fine for a few years until I sold it. But that's besides the point, I know the rpms need to be kept down on these stock blocks I very rarely go over 5500. I have a manual vavle body c4 and 4.10 gears. Was just trying to figure out what some good combos to use it. Altho the 4000-7000 power band is gonna be hard to run good in it. May just get rid of it and go with a trick flow top end.

Last edited:
Your line of thinking is so far removed from the way I would do things I don't really know what to tell you.

Victor Jr. heads on a stock short block will almost certainly have piston to valve clearance problems. Trick flow 11R twisted wedge heads can be made to work on stock pistons.

You need to decide on your dart block engine if you are getting piston reliefs to work with 20° heads or the Twisted Wedge heads.

I can't think of a good reason to build a dart block 347 instead of a 363+ unless you got a really good deal on a 4.000 bore dart block.

dart block 347/363 will require much more head than a stock block 302

Vic Jr. heads have potential when ported but there are better bang for the buck deals on heads out there, especially if you can't do your own port work

I wouldn't dismiss a cheap turbo based on the country of origin. It is VERY likely that the crank and rods on your new 347 will be made in China.

Lots of people have had good luck with on3 or VS turbos and they don't need refilling like a blue bottle.

I understand completely what ur saying about the turbo kits. I just haven't had a good experience with the 2 kits I got that came from China. Only reason I choose to go nitrous on this car is because I grew up racing a nitrous car, and just wanna go back old school. I have a filling station and I can get big filler bottles cheep. I know a guy who works at the gas company. And ya I actually got a really good deal on the 347 from a friend of mine who lives up in New York, that was the reason behind buying that. I do all of my own work and I know enough to get me by as far as mechanical stuff but finding good cylinder heads and knowing what exactly they need to work good and efficient, that is where I lack some knowledge.

If i'm reading this right, you have a 302 now, a 347 on the way (for the same car), but you are going to build the 302 anyway?

If that's the plan, personally i don't think it sensible.

Just go all in on the 347 and forget the 302.

I'd buy the victor intake and use it on the 347, but I wouldn't on a 302. It's a high rpm intake.

Reactions: 1 user