94-95 maf adapter

kendawg73

Feb 5, 2014
I just bought a new ford OEM 94-95 MAF off E-bay for 62.xx for when I put my motor in this summer , so where can I can an adapter for it? I'm going to be running the stock air box with a k&n drop in filter... it looks like the place that was listed to buy these adapters Kustomz the TR70 adapter is no longer in business.... Any others out there?

I was on the fence on whether to get a pro-m 76mm maf calibrate for 24lb injects and new 24 lb injectors, and 70mm Acufab TB... the majority seemed to think I didn't need 24lbs... and I'm not sure I do either... plus going with the 70mm new ford 94-95 maf, and sticking with the 19lb exploiter injectors I have, I'll save abut 400.00 (for other stuff)

also, should I still go with a 70mm TB, or drop down to the 65mm Acufab? (using exploerer intake, which is just under 70mm anyway, so I would have to open up that a little if I went 70mm anyway.

but in any case I need any adapter.. lol

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

Yeah I seen that on there while searching, but not sure if that's to fit an cone filter too, I need one to allow the stock hose to go on... the show the inside has 3 1/2" which is almost 90mm I think... so I'm afraid that might be too large to allow the hose to go over...

Yeah, that's for a cone filter. Somehow it didn't register with me when you said you're going to be running the stock airbox. 3.5" is just about 90mm.

I can measure my MAF adapter, but not until later tonight. Ebay does have a bunch so a matter of matching up the correct dimensions with the TR70 one I have.

If I don't reply by tomorrow, quote and reply so I get the reminder as I sometimes forget.

I also have a theory you can swap the housing with the 91+ cougar/tbird housing, but I don't have hard data to show it generates compatible MAF curves.

The only other one that I know of that might be close, is this one. I haven't had a stock 95' V8 MAF around for a long time, so I can't measure the actual bolt pattern to verify. Just throwing it out there in case you haven't seen it yet.

https://vibrantperformance.com/cata...d=392&osCsid=768914419dd9aadaa1d3cdccd00bd44b

nope, i didn't see that... thanks, looks like the inside ID they are listing as 3" ... I have to measure the inside of the stock hose when I get home and see what that comes out too...

I can measure my MAF adapter, but not until later tonight. Ebay does have a bunch so a matter of matching up the correct dimensions with the TR70 one I have.

If I don't reply by tomorrow, quote and reply so I get the reminder as I sometimes forget.

I also have a theory you can swap the housing with the 91+ cougar/tbird housing, but I don't have hard data to show it generates compatible MAF curves.

are you talking about using the maf housing from at 91+ cougar/tbird and putting the sensor from the 94-95 maf in it? yeah don't know if I want to trust that will work, plus I just bought this new ford oem maf today on e-bay... hate to have to buy another housing... lol

But yes if you can give me the outside measurement for the part the hose goes on on your TR70 that would be great... I'm going to measure the hose when i get home also... Your using the stock Air box also right?

But yes if you can give me the outside measurement for the part the hose goes on on your TR70 that would be great... I'm going to measure the hose when i get home also... Your using the stock Air box also right?

considering you already have thw MAF, I wouldn't buy another either given the cheaper costs of an adapter. I'm using stock airbox and inlet tubes. I'll get some measurements in a bit

I'm going to measure the hose when i get home also... Your using the stock Air box also right?

OD is roughly 3.5"

IMG_7312.JPG

ID where it meets the Ford MAF is 84mm. There's a taper

IMG_7313.JPG

And the extension is roughly 21mm
IMG_7314.JPG

Works with stock airbox
IMG_7308.JPG

Reactions: 1 user
the one i had/have is a billet aluminum one for a 4" cone filter. the taper of it matched the factory taper of the maf
as long as i still have it you can have it. i dont see myself ever going back to a maf in my car so i have no need for it.

are you talking about using the maf housing from at 91+ cougar/tbird and putting the sensor from the 94-95 maf in it? yeah don't know if I want to trust that will work, plus I just bought this new ford oem maf today on e-bay... hate to have to buy another housing...
You already have a housing and it looks like an adapter sorted out, so I would go with what you already have.

However, for the record, this proposed setup works just as well as any other 70mm housing.
Ford didn't make any changes in the internals of the aluminum housings... all the 'calibration' changes were done in the sensor electronics (cheaper to make electronics tooling changes).
I've run several different 70mm housings with the 94/95 sensor (F2VF), and they all work the same.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Ok, so my new 94-95 MAF came yesterday... was kinda surprised the box didn't say Ford on it though... So now like I always do, 2nd quess things... so I want to make sure this is right... I know it supposed to be 70mm but when I messured the opening I'm getting more then that... (granted it looks like it tapers in smaller, but of course the calibers can't reach that) also, I real quickly tried to test fit the intake hose (the one that goes between the TB and MAF) and the hose is going to be a really tight fit, going to need some lube I think to get it on ;-) ... So wanted to make sure this is right.. .also the MAF housing has Japan on it (well at least it's not china).... So is this thing correct? got 75mm on the end the TB hose goes on, and 82+mm on the end that goes to the air box..

IMAG1150.jpg
IMAG1149.jpg
IMAG1153.jpg
IMAG1154.jpg
IMAG1156.jpg