94 cobra - replacing door hinges how-to...yes, I searched

tomc3

Jun 5, 2011
I did the requisite searches, but could not find much on how to do this. Info is confusing - I plan on replacing both upper/lower do to "droopy doors"(vs drawers::rolleyes:)

This is a '94 cobra. I'm reasonably mechanically inclined.

1) do I need to remove the fender? If so, how easy is this to do and how easy to re-align?
2) do I need to remove the dash? I have seen one how-to - looks daunting....if this is needed, is it just tedious or a real PITA?
3) I'd prefer info from those who have replaced them. I have the hinges already from LRS, and even though many may say "take it to a body shop", I don't have the money for that (and actually prefer to do work myself).
4) door alignment seems to be a tricky part - tips/tricks welcome...

Thanks for your help!

TC3

• Sponsors (?)

I replaced door hinges once. it can be done without removing the fender or dash. Problem then is, you need to open the door and prop it up while yiou replace the hinges. I would suggest replacing them one at a time, so the door is still bolted to something and won't just fall over.

entire hinge

I bought from LRS and they had hinge pin kits for all years but the '94/95 (bastard stepchildren of the 'stangs:D), so bought the entire hinges. I have a neat trans jack that will work perfectly to support the door (I can build a wood frame to attach to the jack, so that's not a problem).

So - how do I access both of the door hinges? For example, would it help to remove the gauge set to get to the upper hinge? I did that to replace the odo gear - not hard to do and I get a nice big hole to get to (where I think) is the back nuts on the hinges....

Or, can I access both hinges by removing the bottom plastic under the hood latch lever?