94 Mustang GT 347

Woodstock1960

Sep 12, 2022
Norfolk
I have a 94 Mustang GT with a 347 AFR 205 heads, AJE front end with solid motor mounts, AODE Transmission, I have 3 guestions I am about to remove ps pump and rack and pinion to Manual Flaming Rivers set up, using Meizer Electric WP 374 trying out speed doctor serpentine belt kit, and a set of RCI long tube headers, with a Holley Snipper set up out of 3 of those items which items have been tried all together.

• Sponsors (?)

First the removal of ps pump and converting to Manual steering thoughts pros and cons. Second when using a Speed Doctor Serpentine set up I have the 94 Mustang GT Meziere 374 does it work with this pump. Third the AJE tubuler front end will it work with manual rack and RCI long tube headers

I really like the flaming river manual racks I’ve had. A bit of advice though, I’d buy the maximum motorsports steering shaft since the set screw and jam nut on a flaming river shaft tend to interfere with aftermarket headers. Also get the standard 20:1 ratio.

That meziere pump will work fine with the speed doctor brackets. Are you keeping air conditioning?

As far as the header fitment go, it’s tough to say.

I really like the flaming river manual racks I’ve had. A bit of advice though, I’d buy the maximum motorsports steering shaft since the set screw and jam nut on a flaming river shaft tend to interfere with aftermarket headers. Also get the standard 20:1 ratio.

That meziere pump will work fine with the speed doctor brackets. Are you keeping air conditioning?

As far as the header fitment go, it’s tough to say.
No air conditioning, Thanks for the Speed Doctors Serpentine Pulley Bracket Info and does it feel sluggish or crisp turning ? Why not the 15:1 or faster quick ratio

Do you ever drive in a parking lot? Traffic? From a stop + turn? How tall/wide are your front tires (this impacts low-speed steering efforts). The only manual steering car I've ever driven that wasn't an obnoxious compromise was an Acura NSX. Unless you're trying to just remove stuff, I don't get it.

Also second the MM steering shaft suggestion. Worth every penny.