94 Stock GT +Vortech or Procharger=12sec @ over 110mph or 300rwhp Realistic?

94pushrod

Nov 2, 2000
I have a mainly stock gt as you can see in my sig. I am looking for 12sec performance @ over 110mph in the traps and more than 300rwhp.Dose any one have any dyno sheets with a stock GT with just a blower and 19lb injectors? I have been told this is possible from a few local guys what are your thoughts?I Dont want to tear the car apart it only has 14k on the odometer.That is why all I want to do is bolt a blower on...

• Sponsors (?)

Why Do 19lb injectors=bye bye both companies clain no fuel upgrades required?
I just don't want a car that has no driveability.I want the car to bahave like stock until the throttle is stabbed...

94pushrod said:
Why Do 19lb injectors=bye bye both companies clain no fuel upgrades required?
I just don't want a car that has no driveability.I want the car to bahave like stock until the throttle is stabbed...

If you are buying the kit then it might come with the inj. But 19lb injs are too small I think for a blower and if you ever get a pullie and turn up the boost the car will run to lean. I don't know a ton about SC. But once you hit WOT you car will not be happy with the 19inj. I might be wrong wait for a SC person to reply.

Dustin

Injectors aren't that expensive, you'll want them. With an FMU you can pump the fuel pressure way, way up so the 19# injectors might work for awhile, but it's hard to get good control over the A/F ratio that way. Better to drop the FMU, get the right injectors, and a chip.

As for your goals -- should be easy enough. You could boost your way into the 11's if that was your goal. Plan on upgrading the transmission if you go much above 300 rwhp.

This Is kinda embarrising but I will let you guys know anyway..I have had the following parts in my garage for the last 2 years and have not installed them.Edelbrock performer with 94/95 adapter, mac headers unequal,prochamber,and mac 2 1/2" cat back and 1.7 motorsport r/r,. I do plan to install all of the above when I decide on the blower combo I want to run..

94pushrod said:
This Is kinda embarrising but I will let you guys know anyway..I have had the following parts in my garage for the last 2 years and have not installed them.Edelbrock performer with 94/95 adapter, mac headers unequal,prochamber,and mac 2 1/2" cat back and 1.7 motorsport r/r,. I do plan to install all of the above when I decide on the blower combo I want to run..

Sounds like a nice set up you will have. The intake it the most restrictive thing on ours car. That will really wake that thing up. Not to mention the blower.

Dustin

I am a serious procrastenater...I will probobly him and ha over wich blower to buy for the next couple of weeks before I buy..I will be doing all the instalation my self so i will probobly be bothering the heck out of you guys...over the next couple of months..

I do plan on full exhaust..I guess I concider the car stock If your running a stock long block.I do love this car I bought it new and only have 14k on it never seen rain and not 1 ding in the car...

Nice! Do longtubes when you do the exhaust. I dont use mine in rain either, it sits under a cover and i use my saturn for daily driving. I think it has 88hp with a 5spd :) With the a/c on, it feels like it has 50hp.

94pushrod said:
280-300rwhp even with Edelbrock performer, 1.7 rr, 65mm tb, full exhaust.And you still think 19lb injectors ok?

Knowing that, i'd do 42's right away with an 80mm pro-m and have a chip made so it runs right. I'd use a 255 pump and a t-rex of some sort. I think you'll see 340+ rwhp if tuned and done right ( like I suggested :) )

Get the injectors and what ever you need to controll them. You will save alot of headache doing that way. Also I run 75lb/min injectors on my 4cyl and it idles almost as good a stock so drivability will still be good with 42lb injectors.

-Dallas J