Progress Thread 95 2-Top Cobra Build Thread- Never ending

• Sponsors (?)

Really struggling here, new distributor with a verified good PIP, known good coil, on my 4th TFI, have tried different vendors and “Motorcraft” parts. Still cranking with no start. With this latest TFI, the car did sound a little closer to starting, little stutter and hiccup, but nothing significant. Truly at a loss. Went through the checklist and so far all has worked out

Yeah man I would think it would pop and bang 180 out. I was just thinking maybe a couple of teeth off or something like that. Just typing this to make sure what you have confirmed / checked. You know you have fuel but you are still getting no spark, correct? Would a failing CCRM possibly do this? It provides the power to the ECU, Fuel Pump, AC Clutch, and Electric Fan so I was thinking it could be an issue? I am not terribly familiar with the 94/95 cars.

Yeah man I would think it would pop and bang 180 out. I was just thinking maybe a couple of teeth off or something like that. Just typing this to make sure what you have confirmed / checked. You know you have fuel but you are still getting no spark, correct? Would a failing CCRM possibly do this? It provides the power to the ECU, Fuel Pump, AC Clutch, and Electric Fan so I was thinking it could be an issue? I am not terribly familiar with the 94/95 cars.
Yep, has fuel rail pressure and can also smell the fuel flood when I crank but don’t start. I verified no spark with a timing light hooked to coil wire and then #1 wire, no light when cranking. My understanding is the CCRM would be a no fuel issue but I would need to look into it further to confirm. My tuner is leaning towards wiring to the TFI, as the chances that I’ve gotten several DOA modules is small

I was more leaning towards the power to the ECU being dropped at the CCRM. I would agree that multiple new TFI failures would be pretty rare.
That is a solid take, it could be more of a ECU issue. I will research more into the CCRM and see if there is a plausible issue. All the ignition stuff is new now

It sounds to me like it might be time to go through the "Cranks but No Start" checklist.

It's possible that it's something that's being overlooked just by virtue of your interactions with it so far...

It sounds to me like it might be time to go through the "Cranks but No Start" checklist.

It's possible that it's something that's being overlooked just by virtue of your interactions with it so far...
Passed everything in the no spark section. Only thing that fails is the TFI test where the T/Y wire hooked up to a test light doesn’t flash when cranked. Tried 4 TFI including a known good OEM Motorcraft. PIP passes, coil passes. Verified TDC, 12V to fuel injector wires and all fuses good. I feel like I’m missing something simple, possibly wiring

Passed everything in the no spark section. Only thing that fails is the TFI test where the T/Y wire hooked up to a test light doesn’t flash when cranked. Tried 4 TFI including a known good OEM Motorcraft. PIP passes, coil passes. Verified TDC, 12V to fuel injector wires and all fuses good. I feel like I’m missing something simple, possibly wiring
I dunno what is making me think of it but check the fuel regulator as well. Can you smell fuel when you pull the vac line?

I dunno what is making me think of it but check the fuel regulator as well. Can you smell fuel when you pull the vac line?
Saw this a little late. Today I dropped the car off at a local mustang shop, Lamotta Performance. Did the tests and replaced the “easy” parts but didn’t get anywhere and don’t have more time to mess with it with classes starting.

She’s in good hands at least
9DD6EC3B-A28F-4ED4-802B-3E4571B52787.jpeg
F9885F16-12CA-48F3-8D27-39F83943E174.jpeg

Wait a minute, you live up by Longwood? My buddy lives there and his kids go to Lake Brantley HS.
I’m over in Chuluota near east orlando and 10min from Orlando Speed World! Hagerty High was my school, had some good matches against Lake Brantley in soccer and football, good times.

Reactions: 1 user