95 GT & Bama Tune (SCT)

skeptiq

Jul 1, 2010
Cincinnati
I am about to add some mods to the stang that will require me to get a chip of sorts... I have been looking around, and noticed that American Muscle sells an SCT chip with 3 tunes and the switch (with lifetime tunes).

Here are the mods that the car will have when it's chip time:
Cobra upper/lower with 1/2 spacer
70mm BBK TB
Headers
Pro-Chamber
CAI
3.73 gears

I have a couple options as far as local tuners, but I am thinking that since I am in the middle here (i.e. not changing heads / cam) I can get away with their "internet" tunes. Has anyone with a similar setup (or more) got the "out of the box" tunes from them? If so, would you recommend going this route until I get heads / cam at which point I would have someone local tune it? Did you notice a big difference?

Thanks,
Ben

• Sponsors (?)

I am about to add some mods to the stang that will require me to get a chip of sorts... I have been looking around, and noticed that American Muscle sells an SCT chip with 3 tunes and the switch (with lifetime tunes).

Here are the mods that the car will have when it's chip time:
Cobra upper/lower with 1/2 spacer
70mm BBK TB
Headers
Pro-Chamber
CAI
3.73 gears

I have a couple options as far as local tuners, but I am thinking that since I am in the middle here (i.e. not changing heads / cam) I can get away with their "internet" tunes. Has anyone with a similar setup (or more) got the "out of the box" tunes from them? If so, would you recommend going this route until I get heads / cam at which point I would have someone local tune it? Did you notice a big difference?

Thanks,
Ben

Quite Honestly Ben

I don't see those mods causing the pcm to become ineffective :scratch:

Grady

After dealing with internet tunes with my truck, I personally would stay away from them. I have a SCT programmer and my tuner is in NC. It's a hit or miss when he changes my tune and kinda a pain in the ass having to bug him when something don't seem right.

I have to also agree with Grady. I had the mods listed in my sig with no tuner and had no problems at all. You should be fine

EDIT: just realized my mods ain't in my sig anymore lol. TFS Street heat with 1" spacer, 75mm tb, pulleys, and CAI

Ok, well then until I add more stuff, then I will go chipless. Funny, some people said I needed it, I thought I didn't (unless heads / cam / power adder)... Glad I asked here! Will save that money for the next project!

Thanks guys!
Ben