Resolved 95 gt wont run with spout connector by in *SOLVED

Threads that have been [Resolved] by the OP or Moderator
The following is an AI-generated response created using the original post. I've added this as a test and for fun:

AI Generated Response said:
Based on the information provided, it sounds like you may be experiencing a timing issue with your 1995 Ford Mustang GT after making modifications to the fuel system and intake manifold. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can take to try and resolve the issue:

1. Verify the timing: Make sure that the timing is set correctly, especially when the spout connector is installed. If the timing is too advanced or too retarded, it can cause starting issues. Use a timing light to ensure that the ignition timing is set to the correct specification with the spout connector installed.
  2. Check for vacuum leaks: Make sure there are no vacuum leaks in the intake manifold or any other vacuum lines. Leaks can cause an imbalance in the air-fuel mixture and affect the engine's performance, especially during startup.
  3. Check the fuel pressure: Verify that the fuel pressure is within the recommended range for your 24lb injectors and bigger fuel pump. Too high or too low fuel pressure can cause starting issues.
  4. Inspect the spark plugs and wires: Ensure that the spark plugs and spark plug wires are in good condition and properly installed. Faulty spark plugs or spark plug wires can cause misfires and starting issues.
  5. Check the ECU/PCM: The Electronic Control Unit (ECU) or Powertrain Control Module (PCM) could be malfunctioning, causing issues with the spout connector. Consider checking for any error codes using a diagnostic scanner and ensure that the ECU/PCM is functioning properly.
  6. Check the wiring: Double-check all the wiring connections related to the ignition system, including the distributor, spout connector, and ignition module. Ensure that they are properly connected and in good condition.
  7. Consider consulting an expert: If you have checked all the above steps and are still experiencing issues, it may be beneficial to consult a qualified mechanic or an experienced tuner who has expertise in Mustangs or Ford vehicles to diagnose the issue.

• Sponsors (?)

When I put together a sn95 with a 5.0 swap years ago I had an issue where a bad tfi did that exact same thing. Would start with spout out, then you put spout back and car would die. Was the tfi
I was able to get a new tfi and still sane problem. I can get it to turn on once and if it turns off it’ll just crank. I was reading some more forums and it says could be a bad starter. If it’s a bad starter will it still crank?

Also once the spout is installed it’ll run as long as it was on, but when it’s turned off it won’t turn back on with the spout sensor removed or installed. Just cranks. I have another spout sensor I can try.
The spout connector is just a jumper, not a sensor. When pulled (disconnected) it just stops the EEC from adjusting the timing - needed when you are setting the timing or idle. If left installed when setting idle you will be chasing the idle up and down and never get it right because the EEC will keep changing the timing to try to "fix" the idle while you are changing it.

In the video your idle seemed pretty high too.

Reactions: 1 user
The spout connector is just a jumper, not a sensor. When pulled (disconnected) it just stops the EEC from adjusting the timing - needed when you are setting the timing or idle. If left installed when setting idle you will be chasing the idle up and down and never get it right because the EEC will keep changing the timing to try to "fix" the idle while you are changing it.

In the video your idle seemed pretty high too.
Thanks for the reply I was able to set timing to 12 degrees and installed the spout to advance timing but still acts the same. I can turn it on once and if it dies or I turn it off it just cranks. Double checked tps voltage to .98 double checked timing and ran codes im getting code 998 so Im sure thats the problem been looking at all the forums for 998 and either a bad computer which Ive never had a bad computer or a possible short. One guy had his tps hooked up wrong but I rechecked that and all wires are soldered good and correct color match ups. I may have to take it to a mechanic for the code 998

Hey everyone finally got the 95 running good no check engine lights on. My coolant temperature sensor wires were bare and touching. Ordered a replacement from lmr and now running perfect. My cars picky lol

Attachments

• 6FB0A216-3FFB-4BC0-BEA8-0828878531A7.jpeg
    6FB0A216-3FFB-4BC0-BEA8-0828878531A7.jpeg
    603.8 KB · Views: 61
  • 74E5BE1D-2B11-40B4-AA09-4DAB78BDFAA5.jpeg
    74E5BE1D-2B11-40B4-AA09-4DAB78BDFAA5.jpeg
    570.5 KB · Views: 67
Reactions: 1 users