Progress Thread 96pushrods 347 build - Dyno results in!!

• Sponsors (?)

That’s funny, a couple friends said the same thing. Part of me has a problem cutting up a hood in such good shape though. Plus, it would have to be a big ass hole, and The throttle body would have to be clearanced as well I’m fairly sure.

If I could find a ratty looking hood to experiment on I’d be up to try. Maybe I’ll hit lkq and see what they got.

Got everything ready to fire today then had a fuel leak at the regulator. Gonna take it off and put some beefier orings on tomorrow. Should have it running.

02D8410B-CF25-4C45-8EBB-2BCD2E2AC775.jpeg
035F3237-7A60-4361-83A1-48FC84A77156.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users
Proof it runs. Idles a little rough but it’ll get smoothed out when I have Tony tune it out in a week. Once you get in it, it runs like mad though.

Reactions: 1 user
Been kinda stagnant waiting for my qh chip and the hood. Had an exhaust leak, replaced the fiber gaskets with mls ones so hopefully I’ll be good on exhaust leaks. If not I’m gonna go berserk.

Got the hood in today. Had to do some clearancing, but got it to fit right. Just got a little more to do and it’ll be ready for paint and clear.

280E43C4-1B49-4469-93BA-3831B2E3A225.jpeg
10BF6F01-83A3-4E4B-B76D-EBEB238C0154.jpeg

Exhaust is done as well. I’ll try and get some pics tomorrow. Sounds mean as hell.

Congrats man! Crazy it runs so well untuned. Normally the SN computer hates custom cams.

That hood is pretty extreme. Can you see over it very well? I figured you could get away with a 2" cowl, like a standard Cobra R model?

Congrats man! Crazy it runs so well untuned. Normally the SN computer hates custom cams.

That hood is pretty extreme. Can you see over it very well? I figured you could get away with a 2" cowl, like a standard Cobra R model?
Thanks brotha. Tony and woody are both surprised it runs at all lol. Albeit with some bumped up base idle. The cam is just tame enough to idle untuned. Once it’s all dialed in it’ll run like a bat outta hell though.

As far as the hood height, it’s really not too bad, Totally drivable. A 3in would be the minimum you’d be able to get away with since I had to use a 1in spacer on top of the already tall box intake, but I didn’t want to risk it. Had to use the phenolic spacer to clear the fpr.

Here’s the exhaust I welded up too. I made it to be easy to take off, not routing it over the axle. The tips aren’t on yet (got em in today) but you get the idea.

18BE4EB9-1598-4C53-8179-677D141E0000.jpeg

When I first fired it up all I had was the long tubes and a pro chamber. It was definitely very racey but not too crazy. It did have a little cackle to it though.

Honestly with the ultra flows on it’s not super loud. It’s tough to not like the sound though. Super deep. The :poo:tiest part is how wide the cans are. I’ve got maybe 4in of ground clearance right now with em tucked up as close to the driveshaft as I can. Last week I tried the car out over a pretty tight bump and it didn't scrape so if I’m careful I’ll be alright.

They also don’t drone bad when you’re just cruising. I mean itstill is dual 3s so it’s not exactly quiet lol.

Most of the time the car will be kept at the shop. Only because there’s no way to get it into my driveway without destroying the exhaust system since It’s so steep. The neighbors will be spared for awhile.

Are you dyno tuning, or have a guy doing the remote thing? If dyno, we need a good video of it!
I’m trailering it down to Jacksonville to have it dyno tuned. The car idles surprisingly well just still wants to fatten up at idle. Need a good amount of fuel taken out. Videos will come!

You're going to use QH, right ? DirtyDirtyRacing... Willie is the man.

Tony gonyon at tuners inc is only 2 hours away from my house, so He’s going to do the tune on the car. I’ve heard nothing but good things about willie though.

I figure I can play around with qh a bit but Tony’s gonna get out more than I can.

Car will be tuned this next Tuesday.

Reactions: 1 users