97 Cobra - motor noise

nv97Cobra

Apr 3, 2009
Hi everyone,

I have a 97 Cobra with 33k miles. Once it warms up, it makes a light rattling noise for a few seconds then stops and does it again a few seconds later. Kinda like an accessory that comes on and off intermittently. Would this indicate its likely not a rod or something serious? I am hoping it is just a pulley or something.

Heres a better video...you can here it right at the very beginning for a few seconds then again around 20 sec mark for a few secs....

YouTube - ‪CobraNoise3OK.3g2‬‏

• Sponsors (?)

I'm not flaming, but the audio quality sounds a little "off" in the video. :shrug: Makes it a little hard to hear on the 'net.

What are the mods on the car (performance/engine-wise)? How's the oil level? Has it ever been run "low" on oil to your knowledge?

Does it make a similar noise during the first few seconds of a cold start-up?

Was the air-conditioning running when the video was taken? Any chance the AC compressor was clicking on and off during the vid? :shrug:

Hi COBRA90GT,

Its all stock but for under drive pulleys, KnN Filter, and 3.73 gear. Oil level is ok and never ran low to my knowledge.

And no it doesn't do it until it warns up a little. And I don't think it was the A/C kicking on and off.

Does the fact it does it intermittently indicate its at least not motor etc?

Thanks...

P.S. Added a better video

I'm not flaming, but the audio quality sounds a little "off" in the video. :shrug: Makes it a little hard to hear on the 'net.

What are the mods on the car (performance/engine-wise)? How's the oil level? Has it ever been run "low" on oil to your knowledge?

Does it make a similar noise during the first few seconds of a cold start-up?

Was the air-conditioning running when the video was taken? Any chance the AC compressor was clicking on and off during the vid? :shrug:

Ok I just took off the serpentine belt and the noise stopped. Any ideas? it sounds like its around the a/c, tensioner, idle pulley area