99 3.8 turbo kit

I have an sandrail with a 99 3.8. The guy I bought it from said it was dynod at 197 hp. I am looking for a turbo kit. To add another 100-125 hp if possible on 91 octane. I am tearing the motor down for a full rebuild. I am a decent vw wrench. Many turbo vws. Just new to the 3.8.
Any suggestions on a company that can help?

• Sponsors (?)

I've been talking with the guys over at SurerSixMotorsports. I saw them on a forum somewhere as a highly regarded site.

"For 91 octane, the following for 300HP naturally aspirated:
Long Rod 4.3 stroker
10.5: CR
Ported cylinder heads
Ported intake manifolds
224-230 .54 lift hyd roller cam
Roller rocker arms

We do not sell turbo kits but we do sell ProCharger supercharger kits. Take the setup described above, instead of ported upper use our SSX3 intake manifold system, drop CR to 9:1, at ~ 12-14PSI boost, you'd be looking at 550HP."

Does this sound legit?

Hi,
MMI Speedshop makes a kit for the SN95 3.8. I’ve never dealt personally with the company, but at a show I’d met and spoke (at length, 30 minutes) to a friendly 70+yr old Ford shop head retiree with 4 decades of spinning wrenches regarding it. He was quite pleased regarding the materials used, performance, design, and reasonable cost. Explained how reasonably they built it specific to his needs with “zero B.S.”, as he eloquently phrased it. Anyhow, perhaps another spot to take a peek at.
Good luck!

Last edited:
Hi,
MMI Speedshop makes a kit for the SN95 3.8. I’ve never dealt personally with the company, but at a show I’d met and spoke (at length, 30 minutes) to a friendly 70+yr old Ford shop head retiree with 4 decades of spinning wrenches regarding it. He was quite pleased regarding the materials used, performance, design, and reasonable cost. Explained how reasonably they built it specific to his needs with “zero B.S.”, as he eloquently phrased it. Anyhow, perhaps another spot to take a peek at.
Good luck!
Thanks, I sent them an email asking

Reactions: 1 user