99+ autos with stalls!

Too Slow said:
what about me. as of now i have a diablosport chip. do i need to get it reburned or get a full dyno tune?
You have no way to change your shift points and burn that into a chip by yourself. You'll have to get a custom tuner to do that for you. That means removing the chip, sending it to the tuner and waiting for the tuner to do the adjustment and mail it back to you. You're much better off with an Xcal2 if you want to adjust them yourself.

Keep in mind, some people get 3000 stall converters and not mess with shift points or shift pressures at all. It's not like you'll be dead in the water. Personally, I like a firm and snappy shift that I can adjust to my liking. That's why a tuner was the best option for me.

• Sponsors (?)

Too Slow said:
2. do i need a tune for the converter?
Not required but highly recommended. I raised my part throttle shift points and increase the shift firmness in the light, medium and heavy throttle ranges. You can't tell a 3000 stall has been installed by the way it drives. It drives like it did with the stock converter, except when you give it quick sudden throttle inputs. Then it just pulls hard right away.