(99 cobra Questions can anyone help me out!!)

PI98stang

Jan 17, 2006
Paoli indiana
Hey guys I just bought a 1999 cobra the other day that had been lightly hit in the rear, I ran a carfax report on the car and it came back that it was from Austin Texas and was hit by a 2005 dodge dakota while parked along the road. The car is Red with 18" saleen wheels about a 3" cowl hood aftermarket front bumper, and ive noticed several bolt on parts to begin with it has a Vortech superchager, T56 trans, hooker LT headers, and a solid axle dont know if its stock?? But my question is does anyone from the Texas area recognize this car because I would really like to find out more on what has been done to the car as there are many many mods to it if anyone can give me any leads id be much obliged thanks guys!!! Oh yeah and what kinda times should this thing run its the V1 supercharger i think, i know its the one that they advertise at 464 horsepower.:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

That is a lot of HP. A V-1 is the old Vortec, the new Vortec is the V-2. Anyways, if it is putting down those numbers....mid 11's-mid 12's are possible. If all depends on how good of a driver you are, how good the tune on the car is, and what type of traction and MPH the car can turn. Read my sig on the 96....minimal bolt on parts..on drag radials...not launching the car..left the tree on idle.

solid axle is not stock...it once had IRS. Sounds like the guy knew what he was getting into bc your IRS would have made the car hop at the line resulting in lower times...especially with a supercharger ...my guess would be low 12s with good tires...could crack high 11s with good driving