Drivetrain 99 Mustang GT clutch pedal 'catching'

Chaseskywalker

Jun 1, 2019
Indiana
I've got a 99 Mustang GT with the T45 in it. I paired the engine and transmission recently and put it in the car, with a brand new clutch. I've been driving it for about 3 days now, and it was fine at first but now the clutch is acting weird. If I just push it in all the way, it's fine, but if I slowly push it in, it 'catches,' and takes a lot more effort to push any further in 2 spots. It's only really noticeable when I'm taking off or reversing. It might be something simple, but I don't know much about a manual transmission setup. What should I look for?

• Sponsors (?)

Not what you want to hear (maybe) but did you check your TO brg sleeve on the transmission? If it has worn spots, it'll effect the clutch operation and is what you'd typically feel when depressing the clutch. Was the TO placed on the clutch fork correctly? Was the ball fork lubed and in good condition? I'm also assuming you have all correctly mated parts. One other area is the clutch cable and/or cam (by the pedal). If that hasn't been replaced I'd ditch that and get a good firewall adjuster type. This is NOT intended to bash you but give you some ideas or pointers on what to look for.

I had a buddy who did a manual swap on his Mustang help me out with it, so I'm not 100% sure about any of that, but I think I might have the issue figured out. When we installed it, the prong on the clutch fork that (i believe) goes on the pivot stud was bent, so I ordered a new fork, and I plan on replacing it here shortly so I'll check out all the stuff on your list then