Progress Thread A/C install/swap help needed

gaslog4

Aug 15, 2016
Raleigh NC
1992 2.3 L Mustang has a engine swapped to Carbureted, 5.0 engine...all A/C components were removed from car, except Evaporator...A/C compressor is now mounted on the passenger side and I need help with getting the system back working...All new parts, Sanden Compressor, Condenser, Hoses, Fittings, O-rings, Receiver/Dryer, Trinary Switch and Inline Orifice Tube Holder.... Please confirm this plumbing sequence is correct.... Refrigerant flows out high side of compressor to the inlet on condenser.... out of condenser to receiver/dryer, out to orifice tube adaptor, mounted around the firewall.... Refrigerant pressure now changes to low pressure and enters into the evaporator... out of the evaporator, back into the low side of compressor.... High pressure lines are the smaller tube size and the Low pressure lines are larger tube lines...I will be using an orange color orifice tube...The only used part in the system, will be the evaporator, which will be properly flushed and cleaned...I wull then take the Car to an A/C pro the have the system evacuated and filled with R134A Freon....stan

• Sponsors (?)