about my turbo coupe

i got a question. i have an 85 t-bird tc but what i dont understand is that my fuel injectors are brown tops. i thought these had the 30 # injectors? i still have a small vam and it is non-intercooled but i had heard something about the 85 1/2 TCs and that they had this option. could somebody confirm this.

patrick

• Sponsors (?)

1fastfox said:
i got a question. i have an 85 t-bird tc but what i dont understand is that my fuel injectors are brown tops. i thought these had the 30 # injectors? i still have a small vam and it is non-intercooled but i had heard something about the 85 1/2 TCs and that they had this option. could somebody confirm this.

patrick

Yes the 85.5 Tbirds came with 35lb injectors. On a side note if you ever go to buy new injectors for your car just tell them you need injectors for a 87-88Tbird. That way you know your injectors will be 35lb since the AutoZone replacements don't look like the stock ones its hard to tell a 30 from a 35 :D Just a quick tip :nice: Here is a link that helps me out a ton on imfo...just click on the FAQ site.

http://www.40bob.com/

Also someone could have upgraded your injectors/EEC but since you still have a small VAM I wouldn't think so.

1fastfox said:
my car has the e3 which is going. i just got to go get the e6 or a header. 1st i need to get the freakin engine in the car. i got this whole week off so im gonna try to get something done. if the stupid weather quits acting up.

I know you probly heard this before but port that E6 before you install it :nice: Also it maybe easier to do this mainifold swap while the motor is out side of the car.

Pro-Hawk said:
Yes the 85.5 Tbirds came with 35lb injectors. On a side note if you ever go to buy new injectors for your car just tell them you need injectors for a 87-88Tbird. That way you know your injectors will be 35lb since the AutoZone replacements don't look like the stock ones its hard to tell a 30 from a 35 :D Just a quick tip :nice: Here is a link that helps me out a ton on imfo...just click on the FAQ site.

http://www.40bob.com/

Also someone could have upgraded your injectors/EEC but since you still have a small VAM I wouldn't think so.

Thats a pretty good site!