Ac compressor clutch$$$?.

• Sponsors (?)

I offered you a profession strategy to diagnosis your issue don't worry I will never get in your way again enjoy throwing the parts cannon at it... As for big foot The rocks business model does not meet my expectations its geared up for the DIY guy that's not in a hurry and I am not that guy he will just have to get over it... I did not realize those compressors are so hard to locate new I have brought 100's of them OEM with the clutch for less than $200... I have converted 100 are more over to a Sanden mainly because the OEM suffers from black death https://aircondition.com/tech/questions/what-is-black-death , Y'all have a nice day...

I offered you a profession strategy to diagnosis your issue don't worry I will never get in your way again enjoy throwing the parts cannon at it... As for big foot The rocks business model does not meet my expectations its geared up for the DIY guy that's not in a hurry and I am not that guy he will just have to get over it... I did not realize those compressors are so hard to locate new I have brought 100's of them OEM with the clutch for less than $200... I have converted 100 are more over to a Sanden mainly because the OEM suffers from black death https://aircondition.com/tech/questions/what-is-black-death , Y'all have a nice day...
You did a good job of breaking down a diagnostic plan till you got to the last sentence. I will defend our vendors here on Stangnet when a post becomes critical of them, especially without proof.
Most members here are diy types looking for help and offering insight on anothers plight. We also have many professional members that offer up their expertise.
Like I said before, this is not the place, perhaps your expectations are better suited for the book of faces.
Oh, and big foots' name is Darrel. Don't you watch the Progressive commercials?

I understand ordering parts can be a challenge its just not for me. I understand when its laid out like the rock does its a blessing for those that don't do it every day... You are challenging my personal opinion/experience I don't think you really want to go there I am not here to baggier the rock are anyone else I would just like to get it fixed in my lifetime... The rock does have what I need I did call the customer and explain my journey to stay in his budget I need his blessing "With his pocket book"

You would think working on older cars/trucks would be a win fall it is not the info and parts good parts availability is just not there anymore its becoming a lost leader : ( Like this compressor clutch deal in my life time I would never buy a reman anything to do with a AC compressor but it looks like its all he can get are from the rock anyways... Its tuff to be backed into a corner when dealing with reman AC parts BTDT and lost my arse I have several places that may offer good quality NEW AC parts I will keep it to myself : )..

I am not buying reman AC parts I will not even install it if you buy it Y'all can have all the poison... Enjoy...

I understand ordering parts can be a challenge its just not for me. I understand when its laid out like the rock does its a blessing for those that don't do it every day... You are challenging my personal opinion/experience I don't think you really want to go there I am not here to baggier the rock are anyone else I would just like to get it fixed in my lifetime... The rock does have what I need I did call the customer and explain my journey to stay in his budget I need his blessing "With his pocket book"

You would think working on older cars/trucks would be a win fall it is not the info and parts good parts availability is just not there anymore its becoming a lost leader : ( Like this compressor clutch deal in my life time I would never buy a reman anything to do with a AC compressor but it looks like its all he can get are from the rock anyways... Its tuff to be backed into a corner when dealing with reman AC parts BTDT and lost my arse I have several places that may offer good quality NEW AC parts I will keep it to myself : )..

I am not buying reman AC parts I will not even install it if you buy it Y'all can have all the poison... Enjoy...
The "rock" as you call them does have new compressor,I don't buy shot parts and hate shops that rip customers off,oh I canc rebuild anything for my dailys,I choose to do it my way, like Frank says.God bless your heart!

My original compressor leaks so a cheap new one with clutch will do for this summer.Then a rebuild on factory compressor and rebuild for the clutch.the recharge is nominal as I'm a diy'er.I use ES12a and
The "rock" as you call them does have new compressor,I don't buy shot parts and hate shops that rip customers off,oh I canc rebuild anything for my dailys,I choose to do it my way, like Frank says.God bless your heart!

Alright trying to get this thread back on track... Nickyb how many cans are you using of that stuff?

I got my car missing the A/C hoses that go from the compressor to the firewall and god only knows how long its been sitting that way. I’m assuming the dryer and the hoses should do the trick since the compressor seems to work. I’m a little confused on what I’m looking at between r-12 parts and the 134 stuff. Any insight?

Oh and the Rock has never let me down

A good AC compressor rebuild thread would be valueable. I really don’t want to get a reman unit and rather rebuild the one I have.

im stickinh with R12 on my build. I was able to pick up a number of cans for it.

also, I’ve never had an issue with Rockauto. I always get my parts from them as they’ve consistently been the cheapest. I always get my motorcraft parts through them

I am not going to 'feel better' till you stop making negative comments about our vendors, at least without proof and a chance for a rebuttal but this thread is not the place for it.

No no wait waIT WAIT WAIT!

He's right... No he's right... Someone is right.... Rock Auto is not for everyone and lately, if they don't get their :poo: together, it's not going to be for anyone.

Here's the thing with Rock Auto: You need to be 1000% sure that the part you ordered is the right part. If you don't, you end up with an extra part where it doesn't make much sense to pay to send it back. That sucks....

If you have an issue with your part.... Tough :poo:. There's nobody out there with even half a diseased brain cell, that will pick up the phone to try and help resolve it with you.

Now lately... Their biggest shtik is sending out WRONG parts (possibly returned or who knows what happened) sometimes in the right box (or what's left of it) and still.... NOBODY to talk to in order to straighten it out.

So here's the thing with Rock Auto from my current perspective: Talk :poo: on them all you want. If one of them decides to come in and post a defense, that would be more life than I've seen from them in at least 10 years.

Ok, the janitor has spoken.
I have not had any problems with parts from them and only have had one return, don't remember any challenges. But I usually know what to get (part numbers) and doing price comparisons, I have found most small items are far cheaper than the mustang specific vendors for the same part.

Ok, the janitor has spoken.
I have not had any problems with parts from them and only have had one return, don't remember any challenges. But I usually know what to get (part numbers) and doing price comparisons, I have found most small items are far cheaper than the mustang specific vendors for the same part.

That sir, is because you've been in the game long enough to know [exactly] the part number that you need to order and also how to confirm your confirmation.

I have only gotten the wrong part in the right box one time. I played hell trying to reach someone to get this fixed without me having to pay shipping and restocking.

You know me well enough to figure out how that particular "WTF" went down IRL. :fuss:

So, I'm not as quick to defend them since I've still not gotten my pound of flesh for that incident. It's purely selfish, I can assure you. :mg:

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Try going through their on-line process to return something sometime when you are bored.

All of the drop-down menu selection choices, automatically assume that the error is on your part. There are zero selections available to indicate that they screwed up the order somehow.

O.k. The rock and me have had some issues,I ordered parts for a coworker who decided not to fix his BMW x3 but trade that tu rd in. I did have to pay shipping back and forth,so co-worker was out some cash.As far as me and my parts you have zero complaints! Yes I'm well seasoned car part orderer.I still check if it's a good buy with the shipping.I'll keep a smart sense about newcompanies,BuyAuto Parts .com SUX!!!! Ordered a clutch for a.c. Compressor,I Got The electro magnet and ground plate,nopulley,customer service sent out an other one,what came next was a electro mag. And pulley without bearing.parts were different sizes,and I couldn't make one outta two.They are no help after that ,left me hanging.they say they'll refund
IMG_20200529_123305_hdr.jpg
IMG_20200529_123244_hdr.jpg
my card and sent me shipping label.We will see.