AC high pressure line keeps blowing off

SmokeytheFox

5 Year Member
Jul 19, 2018
Cleveland,Ohio
Recently installed the lmr r134 conversion ac kit. Took the car to a shop to charge it and the high pressure line keeps blowing off the condensor. What could be the cause of this ? Is there a metal safety clip i can put on the line to secure it like the fuel lines ? Is the locking spring maybe bad, if so what size is it ? Kinda frustrating chasing this as the kit came with zero instructions, any help would be appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

There is a locking clip, But the spring inside should be doing a good job on its own.

Likely the spring should be replaced. You can likely get a new line from LMR or just hop on Rockauto and buy a line from there depending on how long it’s been

The LMR kit is just a mix of whatever parts store parts are available.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: 1 user
Show a pic of the line where it's coming apart.
Kit part number?
E713A3A6-0E67-4F8D-BBB1-D03D020C4E07.jpeg

It’s the black line at the top. Part number # LRS-19703B-K
Show a pic of the line where it's coming apart.
Kit part number?

There is a locking clip, But the spring inside should be doing a good job on its own.

Likely the spring should be replaced. You can likely get a new line from LMR or just hop on Rockauto and buy a line from there depending on how long it’s been

The LMR kit is just a mix of whatever parts store parts are available.
Kit didn’t come with a clip. Called LMR and they sent a new line and that one doesn’t have a clip either. Just o-rings and metal spring

I think the clip may not hold it together if it pops out under pressure, the spring goes into the condenser side so replace the spring.
Just the thoughts of a grumpy old man and not to be taken as real mechanical advice. :jester:

Is it possible there is an extra o-ring or something inside that is not allowing the fitting/spring retainer to fully seat?

Reactions: 1 user
Hey Smokey, did you ever figure out what was causing the problem? I just installed that kit yesterday, A/C was blowing cold...drove around for about an hour, everything was great. Started it up today...10 seconds after I turned the A/C on it blew the exact same line off.