Adding a supercharger

cbsdd

Dec 8, 2009
Hemet, CA
I'm thinking about adding a supercharger to my 98GT but need a little help with some info. I honestly don't know too much about superchargers but what I was tryring to determine is what exactly I will need. I was most likely going to put the PI cams in and a PI intake on before I start. As far as the supercharger goes I will prob be getting a procharger P-1sc set up w/o an intercooler. I think these are the parts I would need: are a new larger fuel pump, larger injectors, Methanol kit, maybe a by pass valve, have it dyno tuned. Any thoughts, suggestions or advice? Thanks. Oh yeah right now it's pretty much stock, all I have on it is a BBK throttle body, Diablosport Predator.

• Sponsors (?)

Were you planning on a PI head swap? Are you sure you want a centri blower over a roots or twin screw? It really depends on how much power you want but it sounds like you may wanna do a little bit more research on superchargers before spending that kind of money. Just my .02

I'd be disappointed with the results of spending a lot of money to run a non-intercooled blower on a non-PI stock GT.

If I were you (this is just my suggestion), I'd "prep" the car before going a major route like forced induction. Full PI swap (heads, cams, intake) and at least a few exhaust upgrades first, THEN slap on an INTERCOOLED blower :shrug:

Sounds good. I think I'll do what you guys mentioned first. For sure I'm going to put th epi cams and pi intake on. I was kinda thinking about putting a JLT cold air but after reading about CAI's in various posts it seems likes a waste of money. I prob won't change the heads unless I blow the head gaskets. I might also put an catted x pipe and exhaust on it. My car has flowmaster mufflers on it now but that just makes it sound nice prob doesn't add any hp. I will do some more research on superchargers also.