Advice on a Good Built Block (302/306/331/347)

Manewaymja2

Feb 11, 2009
Hey Guys,
I already have a Thread on here asking about what cubic inch to go with on my Bottom end. Well I have deceided to buy a built Short Block for my Top End.

The Run Down: Heads Performer 6037 Heads, Performer Intake, hardened pushrods, 1.6 Pedestal Mount Rockers. Now i want to spray this motor with at least 150 Shot Nitrous with a wet kit. Can you guys recommend a good built Short Block (Builders - Shops - Online Stores etc) out there for me to purchase one, any where in the range from a 302 -347 would be good.

Thanks Matt

• Sponsors (?)

Hey Guys,
I already have a Thread on here asking about what cubic inch to go with on my Bottom end. Well I have deceided to buy a built Short Block for my Top End.

The Run Down: Heads Performer 6037 Heads, Performer Intake, hardened pushrods, 1.6 Pedestal Mount Rockers. Now i want to spray this motor with at least 150 Shot Nitrous with a wet kit. Can you guys recommend a good built Short Block (Builders - Shops - Online Stores etc) out there for me to purchase one, any where in the range from a 302 -347 would be good.

Thanks Matt

www,fordstrokers.com if youre looking for a 331-347 short block

if youre just going to get a block, you may try DSS

just contact woody at fordstrokers.com, let him know what youre looking for and you'll be good to go. You wont hear anyone have anything bad to say about him from what ive seen.

coast high performance. they are in Torrence California. They cost a bit more but its worth every penny.
my buddy is on his 3rd engine from them, first one lasted a month, second about 6 months, third a couple years but he doesnt really drive it anymore. BUT! this could be no fault of CHP and simply be attributed to the fact he graduated from UTI, haha (Universally Trained Idiots)

Ford strokers is 12 weeks out. I've had 2 DSS motors, both sucessful, one of which has been alive for 7 years making my posted numbers with the turbo. I guess I'll go with them again with another 331, but the Boss block this time around.

Ford strokers is 12 weeks out. I've had 2 DSS motors, both sucessful, one of which has been alive for 7 years making my posted numbers with the turbo. I guess I'll go with them again with another 331, but the Boss block this time around.

a lot of people seem to hate DSS. friend of mine went 9.9x on a DSS race prepped block, seems to me like they machine some good stuff.

my buddy is on his 3rd engine from them, first one lasted a month, second about 6 months, third a couple years but he doesnt really drive it anymore. BUT! this could be no fault of CHP and simply be attributed to the fact he graduated from UTI, haha (Universally Trained Idiots)

they are local to us, i know at least 6 engines making over 700hp with parts used from them