Advice please on this midpipe

mjh78

Oct 12, 2007
I currently have a MAC SS catback and am very pleased with it. I'm considering the MAC O/R prochamber. Wanted to stay away from the raspy sound that the X pipes supposedly produce. Would this be a good combo? Also..with my catback I didn't necessarily see or expect any much in the SOTP power gains, but with the midpipe and getting rid of the cats..could I realistically expect more of an impact in HP with the midpipe than I did with the catback?

• Sponsors (?)

I currently have a MAC SS catback and am very pleased with it. I'm considering the MAC O/R prochamber. Wanted to stay away from the raspy sound that the X pipes supposedly produce. Would this be a good combo? Also..with my catback I didn't necessarily see or expect any much in the SOTP power gains, but with the midpipe and getting rid of the cats..could I realistically expect more of an impact in HP with the midpipe than I did with the catback?

Prochamber should sound nice and aggressive. You'll get decent gains with that it, better than the catback alone.

It will sound killer and have a deep mellow tone at idle. You should feel a bit of gain on the top end, it will sound faster anyway :)

thanks guys. What's the verdict on the MIL's? seems Steedas have a good rep, but i read a lot of guys say theirs don't work. Are the front two O2 sensors on the stock "headers" or does the prochamber have hookups for these? the rear two I guess I'll hook up some MIL's and I guess coat with some grease before joining (rust prevent.) and tie them up and hope they work. I am correct in that removing the cats will have ZERO effect on engine function, correct? stricly emissions is all, right? thanks again

thanks guys. What's the verdict on the MIL's? seems Steedas have a good rep, but i read a lot of guys say theirs don't work. Are the front two O2 sensors on the stock "headers" or does the prochamber have hookups for these? the rear two I guess I'll hook up some MIL's and I guess coat with some grease before joining (rust prevent.) and tie them up and hope they work. I am correct in that removing the cats will have ZERO effect on engine function, correct? stricly emissions is all, right? thanks again

Get a tuner instead if you have the money and going that route. As far as mils go, steeda is a trust worthy brand as they work with ford on mustangs. The prochamber should have no effect on the engine.

Btw, what year is your mustang, I believe the 07+ don't work with the mils so your only option is a tuner or live with the annoying CEL on all the time, but that's not a good idea.