Afr heads on sale???

nickyb

I gotta say i never painted my nuts, Never Ever
15 Year Member
Apr 3, 2009
nevada
Ok what do you all think about AFR 1383-6411 heads? The flow # s rock and now with being on sale it ain't much more then the cheap 185's.
just that 72c.c combustion chambers won't give me the 10.0-1 I wanted(347 build,comp xr270 hr). They can be milled to 68 cc .
ok take a look at them and let me know.

• Sponsors (?)

I'd make sure its not a error first seeing its only 1 retailer and there factory direct shipping built to order....but have it listed as 2.060/1.4.05 valve with a 72cc chamber.
Yeah, it's kinda weird right. If it's real deal I'm gonna go for it. Just not sure.

I found the AFR heads I wanted listed on something like page 15 of google results, for sale by a one man business in California. He had them listed very cheap. Like $750 cheaper than everyone else for a pair. I kept trying to contact his business (during initial Covid outbreak) with no response, until a few weeks later. I contacted Summit Racing and asked them for a price match. They had to get special manager approval because it was so much off the normal price. They eventually approved the price match but the guy on the phone said it would probably be the last time they'd price match them that low. Give it a shot..

Reactions: 1 user
I found the AFR heads I wanted listed on something like page 15 of google results, for sale by a one man business in California. He had them listed very cheap. Like $750 cheaper than everyone else for a pair. I kept trying to contact his business (during initial Covid outbreak) with no response, until a few weeks later. I contacted Summit Racing and asked them for a price match. They had to get special manager approval because it was so much off the normal price. They eventually approved the price match but the guy on the phone said it would probably be the last time they'd price match them that low. Give it a shot..
Probably the Same Mohammed fellow I ordered the Air Fryer from.. What a price....... My credit card fraud department is hunting him down......

I'm shocked by that, most manufacturers these day have MAP to avoid price matching plus in stock parts during covid lol., that's why I was leaning to it being an error on Cjs part. Google' s search is full of fake scam sites these days with crazy low prices listed for stuff though.

Well I didn't order them, not really what I want for this mild build although the price is right.
I'm looking at the enforcers and thinking about what I'm gonna do with my egr since these heads have no crossover.
The tfs street heat intake i have has the provision to run an egr , I think?
I'm kicking it around as this F ng heat hear is keeping me from pulling an explorer motor at pic a part. Heck it's keeping me from going outside.

I'm shocked by that, most manufacturers these day have MAP to avoid price matching plus in stock parts during covid lol., that's why I was leaning to it being an error on Cjs part. Google' s search is full of fake scam sites these days with crazy low prices listed for stuff though.
There's no way a "dealer" was selling AFR's $750 cheaper than anyone else.

get in touch with my friends at Craft Racing in Arkansas.

I've bought 3 sets of heads from them....they beat everyone else's price, by far.

I think one reason is that they are volume purchased on the front end. They buy a bunch of them and then they do their own cnc porting. And they work.

Shipping might be a deal killer with this economy. But if you are anywhere close, take cash and pick them up.

• Useful