Aftermarket radiators Fluidyne vs Be Cool vs Griffing VOTE HERE!!!

Which on aftermarket radiator is is better

• Fluidyne

Votes: 19 73.1%
  • Be Cool

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Griffin

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Other

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Sponsors (?)

I was going to go with a Fluidyne, but I had read too many posts about people having trouble with them leaking, so I went with the Griffin.

Nice piece. It's huge compared to the stock radiator and that required a bit of finesse to get in without removing too much from the engine compartment.

Ok guys , now i wanna know how much Fluidyne is better than stock radiator
With my setup with 180* thermostat on hot 90F day my car runs about 192-196 with low speed adjusted on TwEECer on 180 , high speed kicks on 196 , and low speed can't cool it anough

I tryed use high speed down low but i start melting fan motor connector and i tred 160 thermostat but still nothing

Do you guys think i can keep temperature on let say 180 on hot day in traffic with fluidyne ???

Has anyone tried PWR performance products radiators?

I see them on Ebay for about $10 more than a Fluidyne. They have been in Australia for 25yrs or so. On their website they say that they supply 95% of the V8 supercar field with radiators. And their tanks are polished. On their website they are $429 but on Ebay they are around $340.

They say 18 fins per inch, how many do Fluidyne have?

With a 180 stat the coolest your going to be able to get is around 180. The thermo should shut lower than 180 to bring it back up to temp. I run around 185-195 with my lowspeed fan coming on at 184 degrees(twEECer).

Slow5.0 said:
Ok guys , now i wanna know how much Fluidyne is better than stock radiator
With my setup with 180* thermostat on hot 90F day my car runs about 192-196 with low speed adjusted on TwEECer on 180 , high speed kicks on 196 , and low speed can't cool it anough

I tryed use high speed down low but i start melting fan motor connector and i tred 160 thermostat but still nothing

Do you guys think i can keep temperature on let say 180 on hot day in traffic with fluidyne ???
Ernan, if 90* outside is as hot as you get, IMHO this sounds more like a fan issue than the radiator's fault. A new radiator would help bring temps down a little bit closer to the stat-rating, but you're not utilizing your fan like you should. I think being able to run the fan on high would be more helpful.

I might try using a new SN95 fan motor, a 3.8L taurus fan, or something like that. My low speed also wasnt cutting it (for me it was in 100*F+ with the AC on) and I went with a Dc Controller instead. It is SO much more efficient than the stock set-up (though with your TwEECer, you are able to dial-in the fan temps like I am not able to).

Anyhow, I'd want to fix it so the fan can run at full speed and then if there's still an issue, consider a radiator.

MHO.
Good luck.