Aftermarket radio in mach460 now amps don't work.

Put in an aftermarket cd player now there is no bass and car sounds horrible. Plus I can hear a little buzzing through the speakers. What did I hook up wrong or miss? If anybody has experience with this please help. I'd just put the original back in because it sounded way better but I already sold it on Ebay. Smart right? lol

• Sponsors (?)

There are aftermarket harnesses that use the amps, and there are bypass harnesses too. It sounds like you also installed something partly wrong if you can hear feedback. I am running a $80 JVC headunit with my amps, and I've even run a subwoofer and amp before in conjunction with the factory Mach ones.

FWIIW, it's difficult to replace the Mach head unit and re-use the amps. The head unit will need to have pre-amp style outputs AND separate high pass and low pass outputs.

The buzzing could be because the head unit is not sending pre-amp style output to the factory amps. This is over driving the amps due to mismatch impedance.

The Mach system applies the high/med/low filters before the pre-amp output. So the bass has already been removed from the high pass output circuits. So to re-use the factory amps, the head unit has to follow the same design.

Can I talk you into ripping everything out and going all aftermarket?

My JL component speakers, JL amps, and JL Audio stealth box sound amazing... especially in a convertible at freeway speeds.

Can I talk you into ripping everything out and going all aftermarket?

My JL component speakers, JL amps, and JL Audio stealth box sound amazing... especially in a convertible at freeway speeds.

Yep, the Mach460 leaves a little to desire in sound. I took out all the 460 stuff including the stock speaker (except the tweeters, I reused them) and ran new speaker wire from each speaker to the amps so that when the time comes to sell the car I can easily return the system to stock.

well i removed my factory rear amps and speakers and put in sonys in rear and removed factory radio and cd player and hooked up my jvc aftermarket but i have no sound. and i have installed plenty of car audio systems but i am stomped on this mach 460? any help?

I have been reading these radio post and i am seriously dreading working on mine this spring. I bought it late Nov. it has an eclipse head unit and sounds good, but when keyed on i get a loud bump out of the speakers. After that it is fine. I haven't played with car audio since the early 90's and my old punch 150 amps! So I am sure I am in for some fun.