Aftermarket radio in mach460 now amps don't work.

Put in an aftermarket cd player now there is no bass and car sounds horrible. Plus I can hear a little buzzing through the speakers. What did I hook up wrong or miss? If anybody has experience with this please help. I'd just put the original back in because it sounded way better but I already sold it on Ebay. Smart right? lol

There are aftermarket harnesses that use the amps, and there are bypass harnesses too. It sounds like you also installed something partly wrong if you can hear feedback. I am running a $80 JVC headunit with my amps, and I've even run a subwoofer and amp before in conjunction with the factory Mach ones.

FWIIW, it's difficult to replace the Mach head unit and re-use the amps. The head unit will need to have pre-amp style outputs AND separate high pass and low pass outputs.

The buzzing could be because the head unit is not sending pre-amp style output to the factory amps. This is over driving the amps due to mismatch impedance.

The Mach system applies the high/med/low filters before the pre-amp output. So the bass has already been removed from the high pass output circuits. So to re-use the factory amps, the head unit has to follow the same design.

Can I talk you into ripping everything out and going all aftermarket?

My JL component speakers, JL amps, and JL Audio stealth box sound amazing... especially in a convertible at freeway speeds.

Can I talk you into ripping everything out and going all aftermarket?

My JL component speakers, JL amps, and JL Audio stealth box sound amazing... especially in a convertible at freeway speeds.

Yep, the Mach460 leaves a little to desire in sound. I took out all the 460 stuff including the stock speaker (except the tweeters, I reused them) and ran new speaker wire from each speaker to the amps so that when the time comes to sell the car I can easily return the system to stock.

well i removed my factory rear amps and speakers and put in sonys in rear and removed factory radio and cd player and hooked up my jvc aftermarket but i have no sound. and i have installed plenty of car audio systems but i am stomped on this mach 460? any help?

I have been reading these radio post and i am seriously dreading working on mine this spring. I bought it late Nov. it has an eclipse head unit and sounds good, but when keyed on i get a loud bump out of the speakers. After that it is fine. I haven't played with car audio since the early 90's and my old punch 150 amps! So I am sure I am in for some fun.