Aftermarket springs???

esoteric781

Apr 11, 2004
Weymouth, MA
Hey, I was rotating my tires the other day at work and as I had thought before, it appears as though I have aftermarket springs, however...I have no idea which ones? I know the stock springs are black, the springs I have in there now are dark bluish/purple in color, the car sits pretty damn low too, I was always wondering what the hell people were talking about with the 4x4 stance these cars have. Anywho, I was wondering if anyone out there knows what kind of springs these are, I have heard over at other forums that they are either HnR's or Steeda Springs. I think they are Steeda's, because I also have the Steeda Tri-Ax in the car, the Steeda Timing Adjuster, and originally I had in there a blue Steeda shift knob (which I changed out to the MGW Cobra "gripper" shift knob, my cars red, why in hell did the guy before me put in a blue shift knob). I also took some pictures there other day and posted them all on my cardomain.com page, check them out, tell me what you think, especially with the camber plates, whats going on there? :shrug: ...

My Cobra @ CarDomain...

• Sponsors (?)

are you kidding me? nobody has an opinion on this? wow, anywayz...

ok, so I went and got the measurements that a few people have asked for to see if my car is lowered or not, here goes...

wheel wells...
- fender to ground = 26.5" (driver's side, rear), 27.5" (driver's side, front)
- fender to ground = 27" (passenger side, rear), 27.5" (passenger side, front)

bumper
- fender to ground = 11.5" (rear)

hope that helps to figure out which springs i have