Air/Fuel mixture and tuning

ReefBlue93

Jan 31, 2004
Bremen, GA.
Just had the Mustang on the dyno and found out I am running very lean. I had never been outside the car when someone else was hammering it. And it seemed to run fine. But when the guy stomped on it as I sat aside listening, I could hear it stumbling, and the print out showed the proof. Need to buy a tweecer, but want to get a air/fuel gauge to monitor it. I need to know what gauge you use and the pros/cons. I am looking at this set up DB Gauges: Air Fuel Ratio Guage but don't know alot about it ...yet...

• Sponsors (?)

The fast is a really nice piece. My buddy has one in his turbo car and it works great, never a problem. It can record and playback while you're driving, no hooking up to laptops or anything. My other buddy has an Innovate LM-1 and it's a pile of ****. I wouldn't bother with just a regular gauge, something like the fast will be much more accurate and easy to use.

Get a Moates.net Quarterhorse instaed of the Tweecer. Newer, better technology, and half the price.

Go ahead and buy Binary Editor and EEC Analyzer from Clint Garrity to use as the software to tune with.

Clint has the best customer service in the world; and I mean that seriously. My laptop crapped its pants and lost the USB drives. Clint spent 2 hours trying to fix it via remote access to my laptop - for free, no questions asked.

Be aware that there is a very steep learning curve to tuning and that it will frustrate the hell out of you at times.

Good luck...

Posted via Mobile Device