Airaid Throttle Body For Fox?

1989LXFOX

Jan 19, 2018
I was looking at this throttle body spacer for my stock (cold air intake) engine. MPN# 400-526. Its $131 bucks which isnt bad. Wanted to see if anyone had any opinions. I realize that I wont be able to tell the difference on the torque most likely, but I heard it gives a cool whistle sound!

Spend your money elsewhere, its not worth it unless you really want that whistling sound. What's all done to your car?

Reactions: 1 user
I personally wouldn't do it. It really wont benefit your car, Based on your avatar, I would get the windows tinted with the $130. Maybe others will chime in and give you their feedback

Last edited:

Honestly it will not yield you any advantages and is an item that never took off in the mustang community. I would look at the advise given in the thread about putting that money into a ford explorer upper/lower intake or tossing the money aside to use towards a ring and pinion gear swap on the rear end. I say that because that modification on a stock car will give you the most bang for the buck and have you feeling it's a different car performance wise.

Reactions: 1 users
He’s already got rear end gears. Explorer intake is on my list, I have the parts on the shelf in my garage, just haven’t installed em yet. Too cold in the garage. I said tint on the windows, 130 will get that done, it’ll change the look of the car for sure. Or, better yet, a set of subframe connectors!!

Some of these are nice:

You could put them on a chain and wear em for 'bling'.

Seriously, if you want to increase velocity at the port, your inlet tract needs to neck down from start to back, in small increments.

Reactions: 1 user
Interestingly enough I already have a GT40 upper and lower (internal EGR) and its 65 mm throttle body. Good advice, I will point the money towards that!

Reactions: 1 users