AJEracing install in 67 mustang

12sec67

Oct 6, 2003
San Diego, Ca
We (CPRstreetmachines) will be installing AJE racing's tubular K-member, A-arm, Coil over kit front suspension on our 1967 turbocharged mustang. We will be able to notch out the shock towers, add rack and pinion, upgrade to cobra disc brakes, have a bolt in K-Member like the new mustangs, adjustable coil over struts and much more room in the engine bay for the existing turbo kit. ;D

pic of the car
phrcarshootfc0.jpg

pic of the stock engine bay
phrshootenginebaysa9.jpg

what it will look like with the AJEracing front suspension:
aje1zl3.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

AJE still uses shock towers? what is the benefit to this setup? You would still have to add shock towers to the car

We will be able to notch out the shock towers, add rack and pinion, upgrade to cobra disc brakes, have a bolt in K-Member like the new mustangs, adjustable coil over struts and much more room in the engine bay for the existing turbo kit.

see the pic above, to see how the passenger side is notched.

ooo I understand. you can almost fit a twin turbo setup in there if you so felt like it (OOOOOO)

Uh, almost? It is already there. I have my headers almost done for a 351 in a 67. They are mocked up and just need finish welding. I thought about a new frontend, but by the time you do all that work, you can make it fit as is. More room is good, but modern R&P, struts, and brakes would make the car drive sooo much better. Maybe down the road for me.

sorry, the suspension was on it last leg so it will be going into the scrap bin and I had the brakes sold before I took them off.

one last look before I start cutting it up

beforenotchoe1.jpg

I ended up using a sawz-all and plasma cutter to get most of it out, I still need to fine trim up everything use the spot weld remover and the air hammer.

went ahead and made a template out of cardboard and used a paint pen to mark the towers
notchtemplatehj7.jpg

totakeoutbh7.jpg

cuttowers2jx0.jpg

notch3gw8.jpg

nothc4br1.jpg