All my parts locating Homies! I need a Ranger bellhousing!- Help!

SVO1

Lord of The somethin' somethin' somethin', hell, I
Oct 25, 1999
Lord of uh, hmm what was it again?
Hey all I am trying to locate a Ranger bellhousing for a 2.3, that will fit a Ranger with a Mitsubishi Trans.
The trans has what looks like an auto trans pan on the bottom, even tho it is a 5 speed.
The bellhousing has a unique pattern where it bolts to the trans. it is not square like a normal t5 or Mazda trans.

• Sponsors (?)

I hope you check this tonight, but do you have pics of the trans? I will be bored tomorrow morning and can go check my local junkyard, or I could even do it on saturday morning.

What years are they in? the place around here usually has early to mid eighties rangers and broncoII's.

SVO1 said:
Hey all I am trying to locate a Ranger bellhousing for a 2.3, that will fit a Ranger with a Mitsubishi Trans.
The trans has what looks like an auto trans pan on the bottom, even tho it is a 5 speed.
The bellhousing has a unique pattern where it bolts to the trans. it is not square like a normal t5 or Mazda trans.

I found you one but I need to know exactly what ranger you have and what years will fit. The guy is sort of tight and he said $30 but I can probably get him down a little.

It is an 89 ranger, it has a 2.9 (but of course now is a 2.3t)
I need the bellhousing that has the clutch hose coming out of the drivers side of the bell, and the bleeder comes out just above it. If it has the hose/bleeder on top of the bell it is the one I have and does not work :(
Is should look just liek this only the starter should be on the pass side instead :)

-and if it is the right one, See what he wants and depending on cost I may pay you to overnight it.
Thanks!

SVO1 said:
oh yes- I have read that this trans/slave cyl was used from 88-up, but it seems hit and miss. I have seen an 87 with it, and even a 92, so it varies. I also have an 88 Bell that has the old wrong style slave cylinder.
Yeah I'll be back down his way monday. I'm pretty sure I've got you covered. If so how do you want to do it? You send an MO and I send it to you? I'll try for a better price.

I can do a mo or paypal if it is the right one.
It should look like the one on the right as far as far as how it bolts up/starter location, but needs the slave cylinder style like the left one.
Let me know what you find, or even if you can get a pic of it!