All of you code experts, please help!

edothekid

Dec 16, 2002
California
Hello stangers,

Well, I finally had my stang scanned and they pulled 8 codes, could you guys take a look at them and give me some info and some advise as to how to correct them...this is way out of my league, I think:

P0141- Downstream H02S Heater Circuit Fault, Bank No. 1

P0161- Downstream H02S Heater Circuit Fault, Bank No. 2

P0171- System too lean, Bank No. 1

P0402- EGR Flow Exessive at Idle

P0500- Vehicle Speed Sensor Fault (I already corrected this, new speed sensor)

P0503- VSS Intermittent

P1270- Engine RPM speed limiter reached

P1443- Evap Purge Valve Fault

alright guys, I need as much info as possible...PLEASE!!!!

P.S. Would any of these errors be caused by any of my mods in sig below?

Thanks for you help,
Edo.

• Sponsors (?)

141 and 161 are caused by your rear 02 sensors. Get some MIL eliminators. If you already have them take them back and get them checked. Sometimes they can burn up, normally they will be replaced for free. If none of that works you can get a Granatelli Motorsports Power Programer/ (Diablo Tuner), and completely eliminate tne rear 02's from the computer memory. Then the computer never looks for a signal from the rear 02's cause it thinks they never existed. As for the others I will do a little research and let you know what I find out.

--JD :nice:

PS--171 is also due to the 02's. The car thinks its running "rich" cause of the bad reading, so it leans out the mixture where needed. So you are probably short a few ponies... :notnice:

JDRD40thGT said:
141 and 161 are caused by your rear 02 sensors. Get some MIL eliminators. If you already have them take them back and get them checked. Sometimes they can burn up, normally they will be replaced for free. If none of that works you can get a Granatelli Motorsports Power Programer/ (Diablo Tuner), and completely eliminate tne rear 02's from the computer memory. Then the computer never looks for a signal from the rear 02's cause it thinks they never existed. As for the others I will do a little research and let you know what I find out.

--JD :nice:

PS--171 is also due to the 02's. The car thinks its running "rich" cause of the bad reading, so it leans out the mixture where needed. So you are probably short a few ponies... :notnice:

I already have MIl's on. If they are burned out, then new ones should fix the problem right? But what if they are not bad and the o2's are bad, would the MIl's cover them up, or would the computer still pick up the 02's being bad?

If the MIL's are good the O2 sensors would not matter. The MIL's send a false "OK" reading to the computers, if the sensors were bad it still wouldnt send a signal the computer would catch.

--JD

JDRD40thGT said:
If the MIL's are good the O2 sensors would not matter. The MIL's send a false "OK" reading to the computers, if the sensors were bad it still wouldnt send a signal the computer would catch.

--JD

Ok, cool.

So I probably need new Mil's right?

After I change the Mil's I guess I'll see what happens.

How about the EGR flow and the Purge Valve/Selenoid? Should I replace these?