alright who messed up my motor mounts

Baw289

Nov 7, 2004
So this was suppose to be the weekend to get the thing running (67 convertible), but for some reason the new motor mounts (from laurel mountain) were about an inch off. I had one good original left over so I put that one on and it closed the gap to about 1/2 inch. Are theses things just made like **** or do I have the wrong ones? Anyone else have these problems? Thanks for your time.

• Sponsors (?)

I had good luck with getting them from ford. Just go to any ford dealer and to the parts department. This was about 5 years ago, and they were $100 then, but the fit was perfect and they have held up to a lot of abuse.

I had exactly the same problem in my 68 convert 289 - everyone sells mounts that are about 3/4 of an inch off, including NPD and the local parts houses. I ended up putting the original stockers back in since I was doing the change out as a preventative measure. Good Luck!

I had exactly the same problem in my 68 convert 289 - everyone sells mounts that are about 3/4 of an inch off, including NPD and the local parts houses. I ended up putting the original stockers back in since I was doing the change out as a preventative measure. Good Luck!

I had the same problem when I put a 5.0 in my 67. For the money/ease of install I'd just buy the TCP mounts. They are 220 after shipping/tax but DAMN do they go in EASY. Havn't put them in on mine yet but let me tell you that I thought I was in for a world of hurt when I was going my buddies Cougar and those suckers went in easier then I could have asked for. My only complaint was the low quality split washers they provided SPLIT when I torqued them down. Had to go buy another set of washers from the local hardware store. Even with that trip it took me less time then the stock mounts did on my 67.