• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SVT Tech Forum

Am I crazy?????

  • Thread starter Thread starter MeanGreen41
  • Start date Start date Apr 5, 2004

MeanGreen41

Founding Member
Oct 2, 2001
345
0
0
Perry Hall Maryland
Apr 5, 2004
#1
  • Apr 5, 2004
  • #1
I'm just wondering if it's just me, but I put a Magnaflow catback on the 03 last weekend, and I must be crazy, but it seems like it lost power, and it seems like the boost doesn't kick in as quick as it did with the stock system.

I put a Magnaflow on my 97, and I felt the diffrence right away. Plus I'm not sure if I like the sound. It's actually kind of loud, where the one on the 97 only gave it a more exotic sound. The sound may be because I had a Bassani X on the 97 where I just have the stock mid pipe on the 03. I'm going to take it and have it dyno'd Thursday I hope.
 

Vic_Ferrari

New Member
Sep 25, 2003
273
1
0
lake mary, FL
Apr 5, 2004
#2
  • Apr 5, 2004
  • #2
It makes power.....I have dyno proof of this.

03 Cobras sound "muddier" or less "poppy" than the older n/a 4v engines because the 03 has lower compression.
Few things sound better than a 5 liter cobra or a 4.6 4v n/a cobra with exhaust.

Notice how killer the 03 sounds though at 4,000 rpm, or after building boost......add some longtubes and DAMN it sounds nice! It sounds kinda funky at low rpm.....but that's low compression for ya.
 

missouri_guy197

New Member
Aug 31, 2002
1,441
1
0
St. Louis, MO
Apr 6, 2004
#3
  • Apr 6, 2004
  • #3
Get rid of those 4 cats and throw a magnaflow x-pipe in there and you'll feel the power...
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Exhaust Exhaust resonance
  • keel
  • Jul 24, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
10
Views
331
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Aug 11, 2026
keel
New Exhaust for 408w stroker
  • SadbutTrue
  • Sep 10, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
109
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Sep 10, 2026
nickyb
Problems after exhaust install and 02 harness
  • djj62478
  • Jul 2, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
39
Views
784
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
Removing speedo cable from the VSS
  • 91AOD5.0LX
  • Mar 25, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
27
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Apr 25, 2026
91AOD5.0LX
Ford truck engine swap issues
  • keel
  • Jul 7, 2026
  • Other Auto Tech
Replies
17
Views
538
Other Auto Tech Jul 13, 2026
General karthief
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SVT Tech Forum
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?