Am I dreaming?

I Go Fast

Mar 23, 2010
I have about $21,000 to spend on a Mustang, I really want to hold out until I hopefully find a great deal on a GT500, I don't mind how many miles it has as long as it's under 50,000, Am i totally dreaming or is it possible for me to find one in this price range? I have been looking but they're all around $35,000. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

You might get lucky, but if its 21k then I would pop the hood and see if they sold the blower first :p

Are you not looking for a car payment right now? 35k is not bad for a GT500. You could look for Roush and Saleens too since they have blowers and upgrades to them...

I have about $21,000 to spend on a Mustang, I really want to hold out until I hopefully find a great deal on a GT500, I don't mind how many miles it has as long as it's under 50,000, Am i totally dreaming or is it possible for me to find one in this price range? I have been looking but they're all around $35,000. Thanks

For $21,000 I would go for a 03-04 SVT Cobra, with less than 25k miles.

Sorry, you are completely dreaming. You won't find that. I sold a loaded 2008 GT w/15k miles for $20k in December. To CarMax. You aren't gonna find a GT500 for close to that. $21k is the general ballpark of 03/04 Cobras, and even still you won't have your pick of the litter.

If you have $21K - you'll be able to find a decent 05 thru 07 Gt (ur dreaming on a gt500) ....if your patient - you can find one with really 'low' miles - the 'black book' / 'chute' price is around 16k to 18k -but dealers will retail them around 21K to 23k depending on miles and condition - my wife was considering ...for a minute buying a new 2010 Gt - but my rabid hatred of the rear section turned her to the 05's - 07's ....found a lot of decent ones with 30K or less on the clock - listing in the 18's to 21's......

Nothing wrong with dreaming big, but thats asking a lot. For $21k you could get a nice 05/06 with low miles and drop in same nice HP mods and make it your own. I got my 06 GT with 16k miles for under $16k. I have added: jlt cai/brenspeed sct tune $550, 4.10 gears plus installation $650, tire/wheel package $1600. Car is a completly different animal now visually and performance wise. Next its LTs with a h pipe and HF cats, then a cam package. Modding is half the fun, dreaming of them and eventually getting them installed. Doing the installs yourself adds to the fun IMO. Lots of things you can do for cheap as well. I painted all my emblems black to go with my silver and black theme. Made a huge improvement too IMO.

Good luck....patrick