Amazon and UPS....this is ridiculous

Well, a tire that was with 3 other tires in California that should have been put on a plane with the other 3 ended up going all over the country. 2nd day air became 10+ days and counting and you are saying you would be ok with that? I'm a patient guy but this is just silly. Like i said, I called UPS and was basically told just wait and see if it shows up. They did zero to try and help like maybe trying to actually locate the tire and put it on a plane? Nope. Instead they let it bounce from state to state like it was Guns n Roses on a north american tour...illinois, Tennessee, Ohio, Kentucky,...etc.

Last edited:
  • Surprised
Reactions: 2 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Look i would be irritated too and i wasn't trying to insult you.
I have packages go MIA from time to time, annoying? Of course, but i put things in perspective and i don't schedule anything based on a package i have not received.
The reality is that it's just tires.
I had usps lose a package with something in it that i needed that was hard to find. Luckily it came after 6 weeks and that was with me going back on the hunt to find it again immediately (in which i did not), imagine my relief when it showed up.
I have an arcade and pinball collection, shipping companies lose and destroy delicate pcbs and parts that cost quite a bit that there isn't replacements for. Imagine taking years to find a part only to have it happen.
So if you bought a set of stern wheels and they lost one, ridiculous is a term i would use for such a siuation.
But tires i'm assuming for a car you don't need as a daily driver? Just seems minor compared to what i've seen others go through. You'll get your tires or your money no matter how it works out.

What you are saying is really true. Most people expect shipping companies to be perfect, but a small percentage of packages get screwed up. Honestly, it's not that big of a deal if whatever you bought isn't made of unobtainium or isn't required for work.
My guess is that we have ordered upwards of 1500 packages in the last year. So if 1% gets messed up, that's 15 packages gone wrong.
There isn't even a point in complaining these days, trucking and delivery companies are churning through employees so fast that soon amazon is going to have to start rehiring people they have fired or that have quit.

There is a difference between need and want. If this were medication, i could see the frustration, but it's just tires. Not really worth a post honestly.
My f150 wheels came in 3 different deliveries, all from the same location shipped at the same time. A couple days didn't really change my life.
agreed, but the customer waiting 4 the vehicle back is not happy AT ME...

I think the point the OP was trying to make was ordering something from California to Hawaii and it ends up in Kentucky...LOL
Of course the Californians are all moving to Tennessee and kentucky now to ruin those states so maybe the package tagged along??

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Just curious, did you contact Amazon and see if they would ship another one and they can recall the MIA tire? I did and they were more than happy to help. Shippers are under staffed and unfortunately customer service seems to have been the area that has been cut to prop up the rest of the operation.

Out here (Maine) USPS is a crap shoot. Order something from the west coast, it makes it to Portland Maine, about 100 miles away, then nothing. A few days later I get a notice it was sent back to the company I ordered the product from. No explanation.
I got spoiled when I lived in the Seattle area, order something from Amazon before 9:00 am and have it delivered to your door later that same day. Out here, 2 day delivery actually means about 3-4 days.
I try to order stuff 4-6 weeks before I may actually need it. Plan ahead for any maintenance items I may need.
I ordered a trigger for my AR15. Was told they do not ship to P.O. Boxes, must be home address. But I also have no option for shipping. So they ship it to my house via USPS, except the USPS does not deliver to my house, so it ends up at the P.O. anyway.

• Surprised
Reactions: 1 users
I ordered brake pads from Hawk before Christmas. I think they just got around to finding some underage labor in Africa to mine the ceramic. I have no anticipation of seeing them soon.

Kurt