American Muscle wheels

I have a set of fr500's from them on my 95 and haven't had any issues. I ordered late one friday night and ups was pulling up the next friday morning with them mounted balanced and ready to bolt on.

Same. Havent purchased wheels from them but I've bought 10 to 12 other items and they have been great. One item was damaged, I called them and had a replacement in two days. Wicked good customer service....

A couple years ago, I saw some Y2K Cobra Rs on a Mustang. The chrome was peeling off so I never entertained the idea of buying that brand. Perhaps quality has changed since then..... but first impressions....

I have their 17x9 Bullets for my rear racing tires. These wheels are poorly made. I would not use them on a DD tire combo. The tire shop that installed them for me showed me just how bad they are. Balancing the rims with no tires, they required a lot of weight to be added. Good thing I don't care about balanced tire/wheel combo for racing...

damn. seems like a lot of mixed opinions on them. Maybe they've got bad quality control so some are good some are not? I emailed them and asked who makes their wheels and they said Verde, I've never heard of that company..

Soo I dunno what I wanna do now.

Check with American Muscle to see if they have TUV or DOT approval. AM wouldn't sell a generic product,to much liability. Those are really nice wheels.

There is a thread on this page, about 5 links down, that is on this exact same topic. The general idea I got is that it's a toss-up, plenty of people have had good luck with them, plenty of people have had bad luck with them.

haha, I didn't even see your post. I'm in the same boat though, I don't want to buy crappy wheels. I've bought stuff from AM before and I really like them, but I'm just wondering how the wheels themselves are.

great, now the wheels I want from AM are on backorder, AND the SHelby ones are on backorder too lol. I think I'll take the time while they are on backorder to save more money and buy the American Racing ones just to be safe.. I went cheap on my Pypes junk exhaust and regret it, I don't wanna do that again.

A friend of mine bought the Black 2005+ Deep Dish Bullitt Wheels 18x9 and 8x10 for the rear and his did well for a couple year until he flipped the car. I have bought other items from them with great success.