Another finally got my 12 second run thread.

A goal I have been chasing for many years with several mismatched combo cars. Finally got my 12 in my first Mustang. Only a 12.98, but it's a 12! New AFR165-FTI-Performer combo has gotten a couple tenths faster every week since i fired it a month ago. Probably going to take a few suspension mods before I can get full potential, but the tune seems close now. Did I mention my buddy's new $40,000 2010 Camaro SS was in my rearview mirror? Pretty good night!

• Sponsors (?)

Sort of. I have a pull on my base tune when I was running 13.3 to 13.5 ET a few weeks ago. 298.5HP at 5300 and TQ at 315 as I recall. Dyno operator didn't ask me how high I wanted him to rev and he pulled the plug 5700ish. Threw 8% more fuel at it to get the ET just under 13. I plan to get back on the dyno soon now that the combo is close to optimized. I'm guessing 310HP/325+TQ. We shall see. Times are still not quite where they should be. I'm launching pretty aggressive and the 60ft is just not wanting to improve. 1.80 is about all the lower I can get my 60. Time to do some suspension. I'll see if I can figure out how to post of the dyno pull. I think this link will show it though.

http://profile.imageshack.us/user/mustang94gt/images/detail/#193/dynograph116sep09.png

It is possible you could get that torque in there quicker :shrug:

Grady

I mostly drive my car at 5K+ rpms since I got this new combo installed. Is it supposed to run at lower rpms? :D This is Rootus old combo I bought when I was deployed to Middle East. You and I had numerous conversations about it back then. Had a new cam cut for it and sent the Performer lower to TMOSS.

List out every mod

Talk about how you got your spark curve and total advance setup

Grady

Updated my signture. Anything in particular you are curious about? CR is a bit over 9.5, FTI cam lift is .566, 219 and 224 duration. Driveability is excellent. It will lug at 1500 rpms at a slow cruise. Cam is installed (degreed in) straight up but Ed said it has a 2 degree advance already in for my SN95 weight.

I am a Tweecer rookie. Chris at Power Adder Solutions sold me the Tweecer R/T, included a base tune that works awesome on the street. (Thats the dyno pull I posted). I literally threw the new tune in 5 minutes before I went to the strip on Friday night. New tune goes with current ET. Haven't even opened up new tune on my laptop yet. I'd be more than happy to email it to you if you could answer a few questions. Chris is a busy guy. Time for me to learn for myself.

Ha Ha ... Rootus :rlaugh:

I remember him well :nice:

Hairy Canary ... Dave ... if my memory doesn't fail me :)

I took a quick glance at your pull and noticed the 300 mark of
torque was obtained at about 3800

Most FTI AFR/Edel combos reach that mark sooner

Shortys are in place here which don't make quite as much low end tq :shrug:

Are you running pulleys :shrug:

Now ... Spark can really make a diff when talking low end tq :Word:

What I'm curious about is how you got your spark setup :scratch:

You Know ... Max load row in the spark table :spot:

Watcha got goin on there :scratch:

Grady