Another guess my Dyno # thread (high comp 347)

Joe 5.0

Founding Member
Feb 1, 2002
Macomb, MI (metro detroit)
Here's the major stuff:

• 347CI (fresh build) w/ ~ 10.5:1 comp
  • Canfield 195 heads (with bowl blend) flowed 270/193
  • Jay Allen cam (solid roller 600lift 235/250 dur)
  • Edelbrock Victor EFI intake (upper extrude hone ported, inlet ported to 90mm & lower port-matched to 1262 gasket,
  • 36lb injectors
  • 90mm Accufab TB (fox conversion)
  • 90mm LMAF and 4" tubing
  • Accufab 1 3/4" longtube headers w/3" collector, 3" h-pipe, 3" Hooker mufflers w/turndowns
  • HI-6 ignition box and coil
  • Tremec 3550 trans
  • No smog or A/C

Its going to be ran on a Mustang Dyno, which reads about 10% lower than the typical Dynojet, or so I've read.

I'll be OK with 400rwhp, but am HOPING for 420+ rwhp

Really just want mid/low 11's @ 120+ mph and be streetable and reliable. :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

def let us know how you do. Im planning a very similar set up but stroking mine to a 408. Using accufab headers and porting an edelbrock to the gasket's and opening the upper to a 90MM for the TB w/a Fox Set up as well. Very courious to see how you do.

Here's the cam specs:

Peak tq - 4700rpm
Peak hp - 6000rpm
Starting shift point - 6500
Max usable rpm - 6900

I'm thinking I'll be shifting pretty close to 7k since it will have 4.10 gears.

If I make the same flywheel hp as MM&FF did in this article with the Victor intake - Super Intake Shootout - Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords

The Edelbrock Victor 5.0 posted the highest peak horsepower numbers, generating 481 hp at 6600 rpm. The 426 lbs.-ft. placed it above the TFS R but below the Holley in terms of maximum torque output.

•CHP 347-AFR heads & XE292R cam
•Peak Horsepower-Victor 5.0 481 hp @ 6600 rpm
•Peak Torque-Victor 5.0 426 lbs.-ft. @ 4900 rpm

I have a bigger TB, port matched heads/intake, and extrude honing on the intake.

My machine shop owner said he did a similar build to mine, but the other guy had a little less compression and slightly smaller cam, and he made 425rwhp/400rwtq, so anything above that would be nice.

Cool, I'd look for around 12.8-13.1:1 (on a 14.67 stoich wideband) running 93 pump. Timing I'd start at upper 20s and work it up from there seeing what made the most power. I would expect to end up around mid/lower 30s with the compression and displacement and RPM range.

Wes

Should I just burn it to the ground???

So get this, my installer put a gallon of coolant in, and it started to leak out of passenger side head, without even cranking over the engine. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Looks like its gonna have to go BACK to the engine shop (Ive had everything professionally installed/machined), have them yank the heads and fix the issue, then get all the accessories and wiring back together to get it running.

Sooooooo pissed off right now :bang: crapola

Yep, its seeping THROUGH the HG, so I dunno WTF to think. Either there is a problem with the block deck (was just prof decked), the head deck (brand new heads), or some crazy failure of the Hg (FelproMLS).

Either way its a complete and utter dissapointment, as I was literally going to get the car back tommorow afternoon from the dyno tune. Now I have to spend probably another $600-$700 to have the engine pulled out to get taken back to the machine shop.

Yeah it really does blow, I was pretty geeked to drive it this weekend (after being down 2 yrs) and I have spent a very pretty penny on parts, labor, and machine work in the past 6 months. :(

And its very possible they missed the thread sealant, but the machine shop guy says he is very sure he didnt miss that. We shall see....

The machine shop is picking up the longblock over the weekend, so hopefully have some news soon.

Well the engine is back in and dropped off at the tuner.

The issue with the coolant leak ended up being due to the MLS head gaskets. Apparently in the B50 block there is some extra coolant holes in the block, and the holes are not in the heads I bought. So, the coolant made its way into the canals of the HG and leaked out the corners because they did not put any sealant in each corner.

I ended up going to a regular composite HG so the add'l coolant lines were basically blocked off.

We tried to get the car to idle yesterday, but it wouldnt fire. That's probably due to the lightning maf, new TB sensors, diff injector size, and the current tune is for a SC.