Anthracite Vs. Chrome Bullitts

Lex D

Apr 28, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
I'm leaning towards Anthracite Bullitt wheels for my 95 GT but the Chrome's caught my eye for a minute, so I'm a bit torn. I WISH I could find a Brushed Aluminum Bullitt. That's my favorite material. What do you guys think?

• Sponsors (?)

chrome is too flashy for my taste but IMHO, it all depends on the color of the car.same goes for Anthracite....it goes good with some colors & doesn't go good with others... I have LMR's "Anthracite" SVE 10th Anniversary wheels on mine,I think it looks good with the black... what color is your stang?

I have to agree with you on the Chrome being too flashy. But I considered it because my stang is Cherry Red with a Tan convertible top, here's a pic. But Chrome and red... IMO... might just be TOO much flash for me. The Anthracite also has a highly polished lip so it might be just enough flash. I'm looking at the ones from AmericanMuscle.com.

Attachments

• photo(2).jpg
    photo(2).jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 181
So far that's 2 thumbs up for Anthracite. But I'm seeing a theme here, Black stang... Dark Green stang. There is one more option that I ignored a while back... Hypercoated. IMO... Not quite as flashy as Chrome but not quite as classic looking as the Anthracite. Maybe it'll look good on red...

I vote CHROME!!! You're car pops! I know some of it is the lighting, but I think chrome will look much better. Your car is bright, flashy--I think the anthracites will take away from that, and that's not a good thing, IMHO. The chrome will look right at home.

Don't try to tone down a red car--accentuate it!:nice:

Right on Husky! Can I ask... What wheels are you rockin' on your yellow stang? They look awesome!

Thanks! They're American Racing Torque Thrust IIs. Essentially what the bullitts were modeled on (it was actually the Torque Thrust Ds that were on the original Bullitt movie car. The TTII is a slightly different shape spoke, but the new Bullitts actually look more like TTIIs to me).