Anti_Hero's Tune Thread

Anti_Hero0932

Jan 29, 2012
LaGrange, MO
@a91what can you look at this data log and see why my overboost is kicking in again? i got everything looking GREAT on 8% DUTY cyle so i was going to move the boost up a bit and start adding fuel. well now its cutting fuel. i did get it on a data log tho.

8% was only 7PSI if that matters i only went to 9%

Attachments

• antihero 4242019.msq
    119.9 KB · Views: 91
  • hjbhjbhbjhbbj.msl
    3.6 MB · Views: 81
  • Sponsors (?)

looks like 9% netted you 170KPA at 335s in the datalog, you overboost is set to 170... so it did its job and kicked in. If you have any smoothing on the load field remove it and likely you will see where you achieved the almost 12PSI at 4100 rpm when overboost kicked in....

im gonna switch to the smaller spring tonight and start this over again. 8%-9% must be to big of a change on the tight of a spring. so if im wanting to net 12psi should i set my boost protection to 14psi when its all said an done? that would be 196ish ?

@a91what hoping this takes care of my problem.....

i put the vac line to the bottom of the wastegate only and drove it a lot this weekend. no matter how much duty % i put in the table it was 6PSI

1556553291948.png

thats odd..

:nonono: I just went and re-read how this is all setup.. some issues..

the output you are using -tachout- is only rated at .3 amps, that is not enough to drive the EBC. It is enough to drive a relay though...
the fan output is on ALED that can PWM and carry 3amps, suitable for the EBC..

you now have two options
1. swap the ALED[labled fan] and the TACH wires...
2. build a tansistor circuit to drive the EBC from the TACH output. =PITA

if it were me i would swap the wires, dont forget to swap the port settings on the outputs..
-make sure the TACH output turns the fan on correctly using the [TEST I/O] in the canbus/test modes tab

I sincerely apologize for not catching this sooner... I hope the Tach out circuit is not damaged.

Last edited:
LOL CRAP!

hey thats fine. as long as we can get it fixed its all good.

btw i may post a pic later of a wire they sent with the kit i got . it looks like a pin you can add for another output but im not sure where to pin it.

ill change those wires tonight its supposed to rain all week here tho so ill have to test it when it drys up.