any 347 guys using R-series trickflow intake

keith black

Mar 22, 2004
im thinking of switching to an R-series intake, a 75mm throttle body and 30lb injectors. Is anyone running that intake that switched up from another intake? And how did it work......Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah I run it. Its a very good manifold for a 347. It just depends on what cam you are running. My stuff is all matched and designed to work together.

Looks like you're on the right track though for upgrading your 347 :nice:

i'm running a Comp Cam XE274HR right now, but i bought a XE282HR cam a week ago and i'm in the process of switching a few things. I also want everything to work like it runs now. I want a 75mm throttle body because thats what the intake is machined to, i have 30lb injectors already but not on the motor. a bigger cam with matching springs, and the trickflow intake because the lower intake matches right up with my ported heads. All together im hoping for 60-75hp from switching these things, the cam alone is garenteed 45 i've seen a dyno of both cams on my combo.

i just finished building my 347 with the RPMII and the xe282hc cam, going to fire it up tonight or tomorrow night, be interesting how much the 282 is over the 274,,, for sure come back and let us know how it works,

not at the moment Woodrow i think theres a guy at work who wants it, but ill let you know if it falls through. GRN92LX what t-body are you running 70 or 75?Trickflows taking forver to answer back F'rs, they dynoed a boatload of different intakes and cams but i just wanna know about the throttle body i should run, mine or a new 75mm. The intake is a 75 opening, im a 76mm mass air and i want the velocity to be like it is now with the gt-40. The car runs mint. Anyone else running that intake with a 75mm and it runs fine??

tmoss said:
Let's qualify that statement - WOT velocity is not controlled by the TB. Let's not ignore physics.

Yeppers.

Check the cfm ratings of the TB's.

The flow capacity is not judged by the "mm". Ex: 65, 70, 75, 90, 105.

A 70mm TB might be outflowed by a 65mm TB. A few factors in that.

Part throttle tip-in effect becomes greater with a larger diamter blade. Keep that in mind.

You seem to be going for a more track oriented setup, so they shouldn't bother you.

You can't say 75mm TB is what you need when your engine might not flow as much as the TB can supply.

Check out www.slowgt.com...I belive there is a cfm calculator that shows how much your engine can flow. Match the TB accordingly...

No need to have a "big blade", when it isn't needed...and suffer more tip-in problems.