any expierences with flowmaster 40 mufflers?

• Sponsors (?)

Foxfan88 said:
do they sound good on 2.3s?
post your thoughts and if its worth the cash.

I have one on my 92. Its got a nice sound at idle but it does get a little high when your in the upper rpms. I think that if I were to get a larger exhaust and cut out the cats she would sound mean. Plus I have a Ranger header which helped the sound a little.But I would say a 40 would be a good choice if you were to get an exhaust.

I have a long tube for sale ($40) that would give ya some more power, save ya some weight, and make her sound mean if your interested.

mr_woodster said:
make sure you get a the 5inch honda exhuast muffler, you know the big fart cans you can stick your head in....they give a great "buzz" inside the car ;)

blackeye.gif

freakintiger said:
A 4 is a 4, it is going to sound like a 4 with a Flomaster on it, it's going to sound like a 4 with a glasspack on it. Either way, it's going to sound like a 4.

Think of it this way....

I have flowmasters on both my stangs. Only 4 cylinders feed each flowmaster, so on my 4.6L i have 2.3L for each flowmaster! :D

Of course, there is a lot more involved than just that :D

Actually, my '90 with the longtube header and dual 40's sounded more like it had a V6 in it, anyone who's listened to the sound clip of my car could probably tell you that.

The difference is in the QUALITY of sound. If you put a decent muffler on your car, it can sound good. If you put a glasspack on there, it will sound like ass.

The 93 we have sounded horrible I thought with the 40 series flobastard on it. I much prefer the sound of the dynomax super turbo muffler on my 89. Not nearly as weed eater sounding. Gives it more of an inline 6 sound. Slight burble.

My buddy has 1 on his SVO - and that car sounds awesome! And you wouldn't know it's a four banger - a guy at the svo reunion had 2 on his 'vo - sounded great!

The 40 series, a single is what I'd put on my car if I was just out tossing money around.