any one with a dry nitrous kit in here? especially zex users, HELp

slo95.0

Oct 24, 2003
fort worth texas
didnt get much help elsewhere, even though i try to help when im online, so i thougth id try here.

for a dry zex kit, how often do you spray, what size shot and what is your timing set at?? and if you have a AFPR what psi is your fuel set at idleing with the vacume hose on?

if you have another brand of dry nitrous kit go ahead and tell me the same thing, im trying to get an idea of how well our non-forged motors hold up to nitrous usuage on street cars with over 100k miles.

i was thinking and 80shot of zex, dropping timing back down to 10* which is stock(its at 14*now) i have a 255lph high pressure walbro pump installed that the supercharged guys use, and stock 19# injectors, but i do have a MSD 6al/coil/fms wires to help ignition. sound say to you guys on good ole chevron 93 octane??

please give me whatever feedback you can, i have 115k on the motor but new headgaskets(the good pricey felpro's) and a rather odd combo set up so i dont want to push my luck.

• Sponsors (?)

Start with the 75 shot... you need colder spark plugs and reduce the gap a little more than stock.

When you go to the 100 shot I suggest you adjust your fuel pressure up and drop the timing a few degrees. Each car is different. If you hear pinging, shut it down... up the fuel and/or drop the timing.

I'm on the 125 shot now and set my idle fuel pressure at 43 (hose OFF) when I'm spraying and 39 when I'm not cause the car will run rich and set off the CEL light on long trips.

On my car I'm at 6 degrees of timing.

Oh, and sitting on 167,000 miles. Motor is untouched as far as I know.

Here's a bit more info for you: http://100mphclub.com/b_pages/tutorials/zex.htm

gcomfx.com said:
Start with the 75 shot... you need colder spark plugs and reduce the gap a little more than stock.

When you go to the 100 shot I suggest you adjust your fuel pressure up and drop the timing a few degrees. Each car is different. If you hear pinging, shut it down... up the fuel and/or drop the timing.

I'm on the 125 shot now and set my idle fuel pressure at 43 (hose OFF) when I'm spraying and 39 when I'm not cause the car will run rich and set off the CEL light on long trips.

On my car I'm at 6 degrees of timing.

Oh, and sitting on 167,000 miles. Motor is untouched as far as I know.

Here's a bit more info for you: http://100mphclub.com/b_pages/tutorials/zex.htm

my current set up is 95gt, all the bolt ons. 115 on stock everything.

new plugs, one step colder than stock. gapped at .35 for nitrous use
MSD 6al box and coil, FMS 8mm wires.
255lph walbro fuel pump, the high pressure model for superchrged cars.
95 f150 lightning heads. no real power gain since it has a bigger combustion chamber(64cc vs the stock mustang e7 heads are62cc) and the best felpro headgasket for nitrous money can buy.
Adustable fuel pressure regulator currently set at 38psi idleing with the vacum off.

do you think this is a good setup for a 75shot of zex at 93 octane?? my timing is at 14degrees with no pinging but im gunna back it down to 10 degree's when i spray. how does that sound??? and what should i set my fuel pressure at idle with the vacum hose off at???

great site you got there, but you have a pic on the link you posted that is covering up some text, just FYI, thanks for showing it to me.

anyone else think i got a very safe setup going?? i cant afford to screw this up so im trying to get any more advice before i pull the trigger.

gcomfx.com said:
The page is a thrown together sample page, but I'll fix it.

The setup seems great! :nice:

Oh, and I run my car on 91 octane. Too damn hard to find 93 around here.
That may be where some of your pinging is coming from, stupid eecIV and its tuning, do you have a stock ecu? or did you get a chip??

i plan on running about a quarter tank of 93octane chevron(1.85 down here in TX)its the only gas my stang gets, but i will add a gallon or 2 of 100unleaded octance race gas just for safety sake.

I said I run my car on 91 - not that I've never run 93. :D It doesn't seem to make a bit of difference, been spraying for a couple of years and have gone through a LOT of juice and a lot of setting changes.

I've even run my car on 89 before. Ran fine with 43psi of fuel.