Fuel Any throttle cables ?

nickyb

I gotta say i never painted my nuts, Never Ever
15 Year Member
Apr 3, 2009
nevada
Ok I did base idle reset and noticed my throttle cable's outter shield is cracking some, so I looked for a replacement and of course Ford discontinued it.Looking at aftermarket and can not find one for a 93 Manual trans. With cruise.What gives? Anyone got a solution?

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks, the reviews scared me away from that one and LMR doesn't list one so I guess used until someone remakes a good replacement.

Flex seal? (With your silly answers lately, I thought I could be really helpful.:)

Rock auto lists two 36” cables except with cruise. That’s going to be a problem. Have you called a good salvage yard? H&H is good to search with other yards and direct ship if they do not have it on hand.

I bought the LMR one 3 months or so ago as my factory one was sticking. It seems to be really good quality. I’m not sure why it’s not listed on their website. Part number is LRS-9758A. I guess you could call and ask about it.

I bought the LMR one 3 months or so ago as my factory one was sticking. It seems to be really good quality. I’m not sure why it’s not listed on their website. Part number is LRS-9758A. I guess you could call and ask about it.
yeah th at part number is not listed, only lrs-9758C (the one Rick listed)which is for carbed cars.

They are still on eBay.
40DF70C1-8AC4-4D6B-8B7F-EAF36C15F6C1.png

all plastic though. I found LMR sometimes sells parts store parts at a huge markup. I’ve bought parts from them in the past and found branding on the part that led me to find I could have gotten it 80% cheaper off eBay or rockauto. You’ll find this to be true for things like brake calipers and master cylinders and such. They even admit it with the stock motor mounts.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user