Anybody else dealing with the stress of College?

MAC'n89Blckstng

Jun 11, 2003
NJ
I've been going to school for 2 and a half years now and it seems like its NEVER going to end. I feel like Im going to be stuck in PA for the rest of my life trying to finish up my degree. The stress levels are CRAZY! hah i think im going insane. Anybody else know waht I talking about?

• Sponsors (?)

No not really cause i just sucked it up. But my girlfriend almost got crazy in her senior year off college but i gave it to her good for a week straight and snapped her out of it.

i know how it is. im pushing myself through it all though. i graduated from high school in 2004 and started school that fall. at this end of this semester i will be a little ways through my senior year. i have been busting my ass taking classes every chance i get.

right now im taking 6 classes(18 hours). i also work about 30 hours a week.

sometimes i feel like quiting, but i stick it out. all i have left is this semester and next, then 1 elective and my mandatory internship this coming summer. then ill graduate at the end of summer.

I feel ya Jess. This semester has been the worse one ever. I have 8 classes, 4 of which are labs. Taking 18 credits. I found out this week that I got a 67 on a physics exam and a 72 on an electronics exam. The work never seems to end. I'll spend 6 hours a day catching myself up with my labs and then the next day I get more work and labs thrown at me. The bull**** never ends.

My girlfriend is really stressing too. She's about to go nuts. She's majoring in Pre-Med so I give her a lot of credit for what she has to deal with.

It seems that no matter where you go for school or what your major is, college sucks..it's as simple as that.

Woodrow said:
You guys act like your supposted to get an education or something... So far its been the best 6 years of my life, haha

Whoa calm down there Van Wilder... J/K

I will finish in 5 so I can't really talk. :(

Yep, I'm 4/5 in college right now and indeed it is awesome, the work load is damaging to the brain.

List of my classes this semester

Fluid Mechanics
Machine Dynamics
Machine Design
Heat Transfer
Fluids Lab
Dynamics Lab
Computers and Society
Bowling :)

I am hearing you 100%. I have 21 hours left counting this semester of which I am only taking 12 so I will graduate in May of 07. i am a business management major and the stress is TREMENDOUS
classes this semester:

International Mgmt.
Labor Relations and Collective Bargaining
Human Resource Mgmt.
Business Calculus

Over summer I got the stang down doing some body work and getting ready to paint and now I have to pay someone $2,350 now to finish work and repaint. NO TIME FOR THE STANG SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a freshman...eek!

I'm feelin' ya. It's been hard for me to adjust to college. I'm the kind of guy that didn't have to study much in high school, and now I'm busting my ass to catch up. ****!

its not TOO bad for me, but the amount of work i have on projects is unbelivable...i spent 22 hrs in 3 days on one project for my 2-D Design class...its insane...im taking 3 classes, 5 cred each, and a 1 credit freshman seminar class for a total of 16 credits...but each class is 2.5 hrs long...

im gettin lazy this year...trying to enjoy it more as i will be graduating in May.

I am majoring in Architecture, and class goes from 7:45 in the morning, and then I am workin on projects in the studio until about 12 or 1am.
Its a rough rough major to get through but i like it.

It suxors knowin that after this, I have like 2-3 more years for the Masters lol

I hear ya ...went to PSU for 5 years and did a double degree, then went to law school for 3 years and got my law degree and am now back at law school for 2 more years getting a masters in law while working 50+ hours a week :nonono: You'll get through it and you'll be happy you did it when it's over.

Yes I know what you are going through. It sucks especially when you can't decide on a major. On top of that I am working 2 jobs. So I work 6 days a week, go to school 4 and I am up at 5:30 those days. Fridays I usually work 13 hours and hang out after work until like 3 all weekend. Its tough but I have to do it right now. Hopefully within the next year I will be able to get into something. I would like to finish up school and get my bachelors degree but with my financial situation I might have to wait. Which is extra stress on top of everything else. Its kinda funny cause I am taking a course now called 'Stress Management'. Its a pretty informative course. But do your **** and you will be outta there in no time. Good luck!

Senior year, been on the deans list since I have been here in Architectural Engineering (not just design but Engineering based, so I get ALL the structures and Engineering classes on top of the huge design projects). I have had my weeks of 20 hour days and all nighters, but its almost over and when I look back it wasnt that bad.

It can take control of your life, like social life, cars etc... but you make up for it!

Haha, you guys need to talk to my friend. He's in grad school getting his Ph.D. (some science, not medical), has a house, a wife, a kid, another kid on the way, in poverty, no money, and is forcing himself to work research at the university in hopes of getting an easy job once he's finally graduated. And, of course, all the work pays nearly nothing and the wife doesn't work. He's a nut to begin with, and I'm surprised he hasn't gone completely bananas yet! He finally graduates late this year, I'm gonna be so happy for the guy!